Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CPAGE

EMTBravo Paging System?

8 posts in this topic

Maybe we can start a paging service for emtbravo. With all the members we have we could have a great system and get the info out as it is going on. This would make for some great photo's from fire and what not.

Just an idea........................Anyine think this could work..............

i can see the paging to send out incident alerts, but i'm not sure where you're going with the pics idea? can you explain further?

The pic's would be from the members that have a page to get the page and go to the scene and snap some pic's from the early stages of the fire. Not to pic's over the pager.

The pic's would be from the members that have a page to get the page and go to the scene and snap some pic's from the early stages of the fire. Not to pic's over the pager.

lol gotcha, i thought everyone would have to buy those iphones! jk

interesting idea. instead of getting beepers, maybe try to do what 60 control does and do an ipage. its just a text message with nature and location...??

The system could be set up like IPN or First Responder Wireless News system. I do not see this service being offered for free. I do not know the cost, but I am sure it would cost a good amount of money to set it up.

I would also be interested. :rolleyes:

HMMMM! ..This could be very interesting....

I would like to think this could be a do-able feature!!!

I'm not privy to the intracasies of the forum software, but there is already an email settings control panel option available to enable email notifications sent when new Private Messages are received, and we also now have the option to subscribe to email notifications to any topic you start or reply to.

So... maybe this can be tweaked to include an email or SMS text message when Incident Alerts or IA sub forum thread messages post???

I imagine enabling something like this will likely expend quite a bit of bandwidth, so if it is in fact doable, I think it should be extended to members on a paid, subscription basis.

A subscriber could feasibly select only local Westchester incident alerts, or toggle on or off any of the available regions.

I like it!

Also, if one was able to select exactly WHAT, or WHERE they wanted pages from (i.e. I would be interested in Dutchess primarily, not so much Westchester), I would be up for it!!

Edited by IzzyEng4