Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hess1075

December EMS Test Results

46 posts in this topic

Just opened my results in the mail. I am back in after a year off.

Got mine today, passed, and now I guess I'm an EMT

Congrats To All that Passed Just Remember that Your EMS training does not Stop here Take CME Classes and Learn from Other EMT's/ Medic's, There is Always something New that you can Learn in the Field. And to The ones that Did not do so Well Take the Test Again it is Free, If that does not work out so well take the EMT Class Again and ask questions on the area you had problems on.

Side Question:

I am currently enrolled in an EMT-B course and my instructor was saying that when the test time rolls around, we can take it at one of two locations.

One location gives you instant pass/fail results (if you pass you get a temp cert) and the other location will take a few weeks to get your results.

Is this only a NY City thing or does everyone have this option?

can't wait until May for the test!

Two of our guys got their results back, the last one was yesterday. They should all be in by now.

Now I get to punish them with endless PCR writing classes.

Side Question:

I am currently enrolled in an EMT-B course and my instructor was saying that when the test time rolls around, we can take it at one of two locations.

One location gives you instant pass/fail results (if you pass you get a temp cert) and the other location will take a few weeks to get your results.

Is this only a NY City thing or does everyone have this option?

can't wait until May for the test!

On site scoring is generally available only in a few places around the state for each testing cycle. Check the Bureau of EMS website for locations available for your test site. Otherwise, it will be offered where you take your course with the regular testing (6-8 weeks or longer for results). Your instructor should also be able to tell you more about it.

"The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!" Got it yesterday.......Good for another 3 years of gainful employment!

HEY! I didn't see a thread for "August EMS Test Results" LOL!

But I got a 90% :D

I'd like to give a little plug here to Phelps and my EMT Instructor

Neil Mettler. They run a GREAT program at Phelps Hospital.

NEW Phelps Emergency Training Center.

http://www.phelpshospital.org/news/emergeduc.php

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK to ALL NEW EMT'S and PARAMEDICS!

Congrats to all the new EMT's coming on the road. Irish summed it up well. Now that your out of the classroom your real education begins.

As far as on-site testing...if you want to do it (which my experience is mostly Paramedic testers do this) ensure that you get the info very early, the test site's fill up extremely fast.

And if they run your test through twice while your standing there it isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I found out when I took my first Paramedic test.

Update on instant scoring and temp cert card for EMT-B Test.

I just signed up for it today during class, the instructor stated that it will be held in LaGuardia Community College and it is only $25. I think the $25 is worth not having to freak for 6-8 weeks while awaiting the results!! :)

Update on instant scoring and temp cert card for EMT-B Test.

I just signed up for it today during class, the instructor stated that it will be held in LaGuardia Community College and it is only $25. I think the $25 is worth not having to freak for 6-8 weeks while awaiting the results!! :)

You had to pay and you signed up in class? I called the 800 number on the state site to sign up and they didn't say anything about a fee. I also wasn't offered anything in class to sign up.

I didn't pay in class, I have to bring a Money Order for $25 on the day of the test. Ask your instructor about it, perhaps he just hasn't offered it yet?

Hey now. Don't forget your favorite lab instructor. :P

For those looking to get in on ON-SITE TESTING. Register ASAP. There are usually only a limited number of seats and they fill up faster than the Metro at rush.

HEY! I didn't see a thread for "August EMS Test Results" LOL!

But I got a 90% :D

NEW Phelps Emergency Training Center.

http://www.phelpshospital.org/news/emergeduc.php

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK to ALL NEW EMT'S and PARAMEDICS!

Yeah how about us!!

Ah, Rob you beat me by 2%. Neil ran a great and informative class. Congrats to everyone