Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester County Police New Chevrolet Tahoe

12 posts in this topic

Today, with the tip of a friend, I manged to get a shot of Westchester County PD's New Car 4188, a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Police Package. It looks SHARP!

post-11-1201036928.jpg

Does anyone know who outfitted this car? Does County PD still do it in-house, or was this farmed out to TCD in Mamaroneck, who I know for a while was doing several cars for them.

Also, the numbering system has changed so much. What is the assignment for this truck, Patrol Supervisor?

One more question, if you look closely at the photo, it appears the front lightbar is strobe AND LED in the SAME module. Is that possible?

Wow, Nice truck. Just wish someone would tool a new model so I could make it into a diecast replica. Thanks for the picture.

4188 is just another of the County's fleet numbers that was assigned to Public Safety way back when we got the first 4188 as an ESU truck. Most patrol cars are still in the usual range of numbers.

This will be primarily for patrol division supervisors and special events - it's been outfitted with an Odyssey "command" package (map tray, console, radios, computer, etc.) in the back so it can serve as a field command post until the big toys arrive. Aside from the Odyssey box, I have no idea who did the rest of the conversion. I doubt they're going to use it as an everyday vehicle - we tend to put a LOT of miles on our vehicles.

Can anyone explain what the numbering scheme is for County PD? Every car I see seems to have different numbers that don't seem to relate.

Is that a Winch in Front under the cover??? but I have to say it Looks really good

Speaking of Tahoes, I saw a white tahoe today in Chappaqua and Mount Kisco with emergency lights on both side view mirrors and inside the passanger compartment on the passenger side of the Tahoe. There was a GPS locator and a radio antena on the roof.

Does any one know who owns it or where its from?

Can anyone explain what the numbering scheme is for County PD? Every car I see seems to have different numbers that don't seem to relate.

The numbers are controlled by the County's fleet management. The majority of vehicle numbers are in the 1400 and 1600 series but specialty vehicles are given other numbers by fleet management. Who knows what their numbering plan is!

Chris192,

Maybe you can confirm this? :unsure:

I was once told the reason for some of the odd numbers is because Fleet Management

gives special numbers (just as an example, 5590) for some vehicles rec'd with grant money.

Any truth to this?

As mentioned 1400's to 1600's car numbers are usually Patrol units.

I believe 300's are Detectives.

I know some of the SOD units are:

9055 - Crime Scene Unit

9061 - International used to tow Boats and Horse Trailers.

9062 - Dodge Charger

7618 - E-One Bomb Truck

If I give away anymore info I might have the Men In Black at my door.....

Hold on, I hear a knock.... LOL!

Hmmm...to add to that, the Helo (new) is 9716 I believe...

That is an all L.E.D. Lightbar - Whelen Freedom.

The white unmarked Tahoe must be County PD. I saw it pulled over with another vehicle (lights on) on the Hutch.

That is an all L.E.D. Lightbar - Whelen Freedom.

The white unmarked Tahoe must be County PD. I saw it pulled over with another vehicle (lights on) on the Hutch.

White unmarked Tahoe usually means MTA K9. All MTA K9's are in white unmarked Tahoe's with LED packages. If he was on the Hutch, he was probably working the New Haven or Harlem Line.