Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Seeking info on structural footwear

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am seeking information and feedback on what is a good structural fire boot for structural firefighting. I currently use Warrington and I am pleased with their performance, but I heard many acquaintences say that the new Globe boots are good all around, including comfort, breathability and warmth in cold weather ops. Plus, I heard that the Globes have really good traction. Warrington, I think, falls very short in the traction department, as I have slipped in mine several times, both on debris and wet/icy conditions. The soles are simply too hard to contribute to grip. I believe the price-points are similar, but I could be wrong on that too???

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

JVC

Try out Haix. Decent pricing for leathers and a very comfortable boot. They also have a re-soleing program so you can get them repaired for a fee that is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than buying a new pair. They took awhile to break in but they are very comfortable and have excellent grip.

The new Globes are awesome. I tried them on and it felt like a sneaker. However, I don't have 300 to 400 to shell out for boots.

Hi everyone,

I am seeking information and feedback on what is a good structural fire boot for structural firefighting. I currently use Warrington and I am pleased with their performance, but I heard many acquaintences say that the new Globe boots are good all around, including comfort, breathability and warmth in cold weather ops. Plus, I heard that the Globes have really good traction. Warrington, I think, falls very short in the traction department, as I have slipped in mine several times, both on debris and wet/icy conditions. The soles are simply too hard to contribute to grip. I believe the price-points are similar, but I could be wrong on that too???

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

JVC

Lt. Many guys on our job are going to the new Globe boots. Guys say those boots fit better in the ankle area and are more comfortable than the Pro's. I prefer the Pro's myself when it snows I don't even bother with them i pull out the rubber boots and wear those for the day. A guy in my Co. had the Kevalar Pro's and the seem in the rear ripped all the way from the sole of the boots up to the top of the boot.. both boots.Warrington would not honor the warranty on them. So that guy went Globe. I had 2 bad pairs in a row that clicked when you walked Tripple A said it was a defect and Warrington exchanged both sets of boots free of charge. I was a fan of the old school Warrington short zipper boots that you slipped on after donning your bunker pants but those day's are over. Thanks NFPA

I had that same clicking problem with every pair I owned. I asked a dealer an they said if you use your opposite foot to lock the heel to take them off, this will be the result. Who feels like carrying around that stupid door chock that they sell with the boots to remove them "properly". Also, the straps don't last. All my pro boots lost the carrying straps on them 1 year or so into the life of the boot. That makes them a bear to don when you have extra sox on during the cold days and nights. We get clothing and maintenance checks in the summer so I feel that I may be inclined to lay out the 4-boxes-of-ziti for the globes even though they look like martian boots.

JVC

I have the Warrington Pro 5006 and I love it. They are really nice, more comfortable than my Nike's. Ive gone walking around on ice with them too and they werent too bad. Ive only had them for a month or so and they have only proven themselves to me more and more. Then again, I havent really had a chance to really put them through their paces.

I had that same clicking problem with every pair I owned. I asked a dealer an they said if you use your opposite foot to lock the heel to take them off, this will be the result. Who feels like carrying around that stupid door chock that they sell with the boots to remove them "properly". Also, the straps don't last. All my pro boots lost the carrying straps on them 1 year or so into the life of the boot. That makes them a bear to don when you have extra sox on during the cold days and nights. We get clothing and maintenance checks in the summer so I feel that I may be inclined to lay out the 4-boxes-of-ziti for the globes even though they look like martian boots.

JVC

Not a Firefighter, but i would encourage you to look into Haix footwear. I recently purchased a pair of their Rescue US station/EMS boots and have been floored by the build quality, durability, protection and comfort. I know they offer a few structural firefighting options, below are links to two models similar to the Globe and Warringtons:

Fire Hunter US

http://www.haix.com/usa/firefighting_produ...?artikel=502002

Fire Hunter AF

http://www.haix.com/usa/firefighting_produ...?artikel=501601

Both models are below 400 dollars MSRP and likely far less from an online vendor. Haix also offers an extended warranty program as well as a re-soleing program. Basically, if the boots break/fail/wear down you send them back to Haix and whatever needs to be repaired or replaced is done so by Haix employees utilizing Haix materials.

Best of luck in the search!