6 posts in this topic

Date: 2/1/08

Time: 1025

Frequency: DC911

Units Operating: Pleasant Valley/NYSP/ALamo / LaGrange

Description Of Incident: MVA w/ pin, 5 patients

Writer: 129k

1033; Per PVFD NO pin, 1 for transport, 5 RMA's

1045 - Numerous accidents in area, including a rollover w/ no pin.

1058; DC911 puts Millbrook, Union Vale, Beekman, and east Clinton ambulances on standby.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why four additional ambulances were put on stand-by 35 minutes into the job?

Did all the RMA's change their minds and if so why do they each need their own ambulance?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why four additional ambulances were put on stand-by 35 minutes into the job?

Did all the RMA's change their minds and if so why do they each need their own ambulance?

1 RMA changed their mind and Union Vale 67-71 was called to the scene off sand-by to transport. All ambulances in the area are out on calls, that is the reason why Beekman 34-79, Union Vale 67-72,79, Milbrook 49-79 and east clinton 38-71 are on stand-by. I believe county was the ones who put the ambulances on standy-by for numerous calls in the area.

I assume it was beccause of this accident plus East Fishkill working with 3 ALS buses at the time.

Placed on stand-by due to multiple calls in the area and ambulances being out of service.

My bad - I should have specified - the numerous buses were put on standby due to the other surrounding districts being on numerous calls. \

Placed on stand-by due to multiple calls in the area and ambulances being out of service.

Thanks for the responses - that makes perfect sense!