Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Croton New Ambulance

9 posts in this topic

From Journal New Legal Notices 2/12/08:

Village of Croton-on Hudson approves purchase of new ambulance/ems vehicle.

Right now "CEMS" as it will be called (The EMS is separating from the FD) was approved for a BLS fly car. $66,000 Will be budgeted for the BLS fly car and a new Chiefs car to replace one of our explorers.

Edited by x648eng119

Right now "CEMS" as it will be called (The EMS is separating from the FD) was approved for a BLS fly car. $66,000 Will be budgeted for the BLS fly car and a new Chiefs car to replace one of our explorers.

Close, but no cigar.

The $66,000 the Village was allocating is broken down as follows.

$33,000 for an EMS Command / Duty Vehicle.

$21,000 for the continuing SCBA replacement program.

$12,000 for new AEDs.

Don't feel bad for not knowing that, I'm a Chief and had to find this out by watching the Village Board meeting.

Interesting. That's the 4th different breakdown I've heard! Gotta love it!

Close, but no cigar.

The $66,000 the Village was allocating is broken down as follows.

$33,000 for an EMS Command / Duty Vehicle.

$21,000 for the continuing SCBA replacement program.

$12,000 for new AEDs.

Don't feel bad for not knowing that, I'm a Chief and had to find this out by watching the Village Board meeting.

Off topic, I guess my parking rates at croton are going up again :o:(

I thought that the Ford F-350 Type I was in dire need of being replaced (or has it been replaced already?). If not, how is a BLS flycar a priority over a BLS ambulance?

I thought that the Ford F-350 Type I was in dire need of being replaced (or has it been replaced already?). If not, how is a BLS flycar a priority over a BLS ambulance?

That rig (55B1) is still in service. Nobody likes it, it rides like crap and is an enormous lift getting patients in and out. The reason it hasn't been replaced sooner is because there isn't much mileage on it. The theory is that after another year or so, it will be more "reasonable" to our Village to replace it. It is a possibility, though nothing is set in stone, that it would replace Croton PD's Truck 1, which, coincedentally, is one of our old ambulances also.

The EMS Fly-Car will be used for multiple reasons. Duty EMT and/or Duty Officer, Special Ops, Towing our County MCI trailer, fire scene assistance, etc.

There is some debate whether the SUV is needed but since we're getting the approval for the funds now, they have to take it before it vanishes.