Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
res6cue

60-Control on 46.26

15 posts in this topic

Alright all you Westchester gurus, help me out here.

For starters, how many depts in the county are actually dispatched by 60-Control on 46.26? I'm not very familiar with how things work on that side of the river, but I recall that some depts are dispatched by local PD? Maybe some depts moved off the low band system to UHF paging?

Leading me to ask...why does it seem that one of the only depts I ever hear being dispatched on 46.26 is Bedford? I'm listening from the Orange/Pike border near Port Jervis, if that makes a difference. I'm going to ASSume that 60-Control has multiple radio towers/transmitters for the low band system, and that I'm only picking up one of them from here.

Sounds about right. I go traipsing through the county with my portable and I can't hear boo.

Alright all you Westchester gurus, help me out here.

For starters, how many depts in the county are actually dispatched by 60-Control on 46.26? I'm not very familiar with how things work on that side of the river, but I recall that some depts are dispatched by local PD? Maybe some depts moved off the low band system to UHF paging?

Leading me to ask...why does it seem that one of the only depts I ever hear being dispatched on 46.26 is Bedford? I'm listening from the Orange/Pike border near Port Jervis, if that makes a difference. I'm going to ASSume that 60-Control has multiple radio towers/transmitters for the low band system, and that I'm only picking up one of them from here.

Dispatched on 46.26:

Archville --- communicate on 46.26

Armonk --- communicate on 46.26

Banksville --- communicate on 46.26

Bedford Hills --- communicate on trunked

Bedford --- communicate on trunked

Briarcliff (By PD) --- communicate on own UHF

Buchanan --- communicate on 46.26

Chappaqua --- communicate on trunked

Croton Falls --- communicate on trunked

Croton (By PD) --- communicate on 46.26

Dobbs Ferry (By PD) --- communicate on 46.26

Fairview (By FFD) --- communicate on 46.26

Continental Village --- communicate on 46.26

Goldens Bridge --- communicate on 46.26

Greenville --- communicate on 46.06

Hartsdale (By HFD) --- communicate on own UHF

Hawthorne --- communicate on trunked

Katonah --- communicate on trunked

Larchmont (By LFD) --- communicate on 46.26

Mamaroneck Village --- communicate on 46.26

Millwood --- communicate on 46.26

Mohegan --- communicate on 46.26

Montrose --- communicate on 46.26

Montrose VA --- communicate on 46.26

Mount Kisco --- communicate on trunked

North White Plains --- communicate on 46.26

Ossining (By PD) --- communicate on 46.26

Peekskill --- communicate on own UHF

Pelham --- communicate on 46.06

Pleasantville --- communicate on trunked

Pocantico Hills --- communicate on 46.26

Port Chester --- communicate on 46.26

Purchase --- communicate on trunked

Rye --- communicate on 46.26

Rye Brook --- communicate on 46.26

South Salem --- communicate on trunked

Thornwood --- communicate on trunked

Valhalla --- communicate on trunked

Verplanck --- communicate on 46.26

Vista --- communicate on trunked

West Harrison --- communicate on 46.26

Yorktown --- communicate on 46.26

Departments dispatched from 60 Control on 46.26 come from about 8 different transmitters. There's a lot more radio transmitters used for communicating and dispatching, but that's for a different day!

Thanks John, that's what I figured regarding the multiple transmitters. I guess for some reason the only one I'm picking up is the one Bedford is dispatched off of. I'll have to pull up the FCC record to try to figure out where the towers are located, that might help me figure it out.

Depending on where in Rockland you are, the Grasslands Tower should be almost line-of-sight.

You should have no problem with "hitting" that one.

Also you might want to try one of the low-band repeaters, for example the one in Briarcliff Manor is on 460.1125.

Bedford gets dispatched off of the Grasslands and Mountain Lakes transmitters. You're probably hearing Grasslands most often.

585...could it be possible he is picking up a cross band repeater as well from the northwest corner of the county that sounds almost like your sitting next to the person making the broadcast and with the volume all the way up?

ALS-

It's not a crossband repeater. I'm listening direct on 46.26 and 60-Control themselves is the only thing I'm picking up, no field units.

And on a related note, I live in Lake Carmel, and what I don't hear on the trunked system I hear on the crossband links. It's GREAT! I don't miss much at all.

6...sorry bro I was making more an inside joke and seeing if some could be getting pumped out on the 46.26 side for ya.

ALS - No problem! I know what you mean, there are a few of those crossband repeaters on this side of the river that will blow the speaker right out of your radio or scanner!

I heard at least one other dept dispatched earlier today, but I can't remember for the life of me who it was now. It was definitely a two-part name, so I want to say either Croton Falls or Bedford Hills.

ALS - No problem! I know what you mean, there are a few of those crossband repeaters on this side of the river that will blow the speaker right out of your radio or scanner!

I heard at least one other dept dispatched earlier today, but I can't remember for the life of me who it was now. It was definitely a two-part name, so I want to say either Croton Falls or Bedford Hills.

Probably Croton Falls, cause we had 2 calls back to back. One was an inside electrical investigation, and the other was an automatic alarm.

Yes, that was it! Electrical, I heard that one. Thanks, Doc. :)

Doc, I thought Croton Falls went straight to all trunked is that true?

Doc, I thought Croton Falls went straight to all trunked is that true?

Yes, for the most part, Jon. All dispatching remains on 46.26, but after initial dispatch all other communications go on the trunked system.

We don't plan on replacing the low band pagers ant time soon.