Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

I-287 Car vs. Fire Engine?

20 posts in this topic

From LoHud... 2/15/08...

GREENBURGH - A woman was injured when her SUV hit a fire truck at the scene of a car carrier tire fire on

eastbound Interstate 287 just past Exit 5 this morning.

Full Story: http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../NEWS/802150417

Sounds like Fairview's area? Hope everyone is ok!

Edited by 242steve

Eh.....who pays attention anyway. Cruise control and a nap. Trip goes by in no time!

It was Fairview Eng 174 passenger side front tire. Nobody was injured. The driver received many summonses from State Police for not obeying traffic pattern. She went around state police cars and a flare pattern.

Edited by DOC22
Improper use of caps, spelling/grammar

These People are out to Get US WHY?????

That is why you always have to pay Attention and Wear something Reflective, EVEN EMS Personal!!!!

" Hey look at that shinny big fire.......................CRASH.....................oh I was supposed to stop???"

Morons :angry:

So much for the apparatus color having anything to do with increasing visibility for reducing collisions...

On any day, It's no match for a cell phone.

So much for the apparatus color having anything to do with increasing visibility for reducing collisions...

On any day, It's no match for a cell phone.

What does "Keep Back 200 ft" mean???????????

post-64-1203176896.jpg

Nice picture. Glad to hear no one was injured.

Glenn

In her defense there is no keep back sign on the side of fire apperatus. She has the right to get as close as her GPS, Caramel Machiatto and cell phone allow.

More importantly....what is the damage to the engine?

Anything serious or will a week OOS be enough to see this rig back in service?

Damn, why did it have to be the red engine??? Tell her next time to take out the green one!!! LOL J/k! Just remember - Stupid Morons like her = job security... Just glad nobody from FFD was injured

Incidents like this annoy the heck out of me! It's amazing how drivers have a total lack of disregard for apparatus lights, flares, traffic control devices, us etc. They have to go where they want to go!!

That is why I hate doing traffic control.

That is why I hate doing traffic control.

This is something, especially on a highway, that shouldn't be an on going process. On a highway, flares should be placed HUNDRES of feet back and the apparatus should block those working at the scene. That's all the traffic control humans should be doing.

Glad no one was hurt in this incident and it looks like Fairview had it's rig placed well. Better that the rig be in the shops than filled with flowers........you get the idea......

E-174 was oos from the time of the accident till late yesterday afternoon. when they signed back on the air in service.

Yep, doesn't matter how big it is, what color it is, or how many lights are on it. Sooner or later, somebody's gonna find a way to crash it, or crash into it.

Luckily none of the emergency personnel were injured. Had it been the other side of the rig, could have been an entirely different story, no?

Glad to hear the driver was ticketed. At least some good came of it.

And to top it off, if I remember correctly, all Fairview apparatus have the safety chevrons on the rear. TR54 can verify if this is true.

Edited by SteveOFD

Glad everyone was OK.

I was a little confused when 2111 told E237 to hold on the ramp, then asked for 58B1 to respond and step it up, etc.

MORONS!!!! Probably couldn't focus on the road because she was too busy doing her makeup, talking on the phone and painting her toe nails...

In addition to setting up road Flares which don't always work (in some cases) it looks like they might have to deploy spike-strips to augment the protection-zone, as well. :ph34r: