Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Photos Of Metro-North's New Brookville Locomotives For New Haven Lines

10 posts in this topic

Found these photos online through another site featuring Metro North's new Brookville-brand locomotives.

The one in the photo sports the classic "New Haven" paint scheme, and looks very sharp!

http://dieselman.wordpress.com/2008/02/13/...pment-pictures/

From what I understand, funding came from Metro North and the CTDOT. 11 will be delivered, and used exclusively on the New Haven line (or at least that's what I'm told). They will be used for maintainences trains, switchers, and for shuttle service (like the Danbury branch).

I just can't get enough train pictures, especially the deisel locomotives. Seriously. The new NH Line locomotives look very "mean" and I can't wait to see them in person.

JVC

Wait, new trains for the Danbury line? FINALLY! When does this thing go in service? The train running Danbury now runs with a high-pitched whine that makes me want to take a cordless drill to my temple.

Sharp looking locomotives, also dual mode for operation into Grand Central.

What is the lineage of "Brookville" locomotives? Are they a decendant of ALCO? GM?

Edited by FFNick

Ok - found the website - they are not from ALCo or GM as I very incorrectly guessed.

Pretty interesting company.

Here's another link for the MN Locomotives:

Brookville Equipment MN Locos

Edited by FFNick

Lookin' good. COuldn't you see those trains pulling the refurbed CDOT Shoreline East Cars? :D Thanks for sharing!

-Joe DA BUFF

Sharp looking locomotives, also dual mode for operation into Grand Central.

, Unfortnately these are not dual mode, so they will not be used into Grand Central on passsenger trains. Depending on how these 11 perform, Metro North has an option to buy 11 more. The first eleven will be used to replace the few remaining Fl9m, and the leased P40s from Amtrak. They will be used on branch trains to Danbury, Waterbury, and in NY (Brewster to Wassaic). The second order would be used to replace Metro North's current work engines. According to a recent post on Railroad.net, the first enginge is on its way here. It will most likely be sent to Croton-Harmon for testing.

Really? I could have sworn I read on railroad.net that they were dual mode...I' ll have to look back.

Really? I could have sworn I read on railroad.net that they were dual mode...I' ll have to look back.

I couldn,t find anything about if they were dual mode, but they are expected to be used to haul a garbage train out of Grand Central according to a press release. I'll hate to see the Fl-9's and F-10's go but these new locomotives are going to be very efficient.