Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Somers New Ambulance (And Ladder?)

5 posts in this topic

From today's Journal News legal notices:

Somers FD accepting bids for an ambulance. Bids due 3/11/08. I'm guessing that this will replace the 2003 Ford/PL Custom at 80B2.

While we are on the topic of Somers, does anyone know who they ended up buying their new quint from?

Thanks

i thought WEMS was going to take over somers ems?

While we are on the topic of Somers, does anyone know who they ended up buying their new quint from?

Thanks

Speaking to a friend of mine from SFD, the new Ladder will be a Sutphen (I believe 70') straight stick, similar to what Millwood FD is getting and what Chappaqua FD has without the bucket.

Speaking to a friend of mine from SFD, the new Ladder will be a Sutphen (I believe 70') straight stick, similar to what Millwood FD is getting and what Chappaqua FD has without the bucket.

They already have a Sutphen MM platform! I had hoped they would go with a nice, simple rear mount aerial straightstick like North White Plains or Yorktown.

What are the advantages of this type of appartus?

The area departments that I know that use the 70" MM Sutphen ladder are Scarsdale, Chappaqua, and Stamford. I haven't always heard good things, namely the reach. Of course, it is shorter, but the midmount makes positioning dificult for operations as a laddder (f they want to nose in a driveway, etc)

The new Sutphen will be in additon to the 100' Tower, which they will be keeping.

Edited by SteveOFD