Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

EMTBravo Points

14 posts in this topic

What are they?

What do they do?

Can I put them into something, like a cause?

I can't find any info on it - thanks.

Great question, cause I have oh, about 500,000,000 of them and I hope I don't have to pay taxes on them!

Honestly, I think we should get rid of them, I have several million, just from keeping them in the bank.

Honestly, I think we should get rid of them, I have several million, just from keeping them in the bank.

Hey Sage!! If we could get a penny a point, you and I would be in GREAT shape!!!LOL

If I can remember correctly the idea behind the points was to donate so much per point to a charity at the end of the year, like a burn unit or something. Otherwise there is points lottery, and you can bribe other members by offering them points :rolleyes: ....

Maybe we should re-invent the whole point system and find something that works....Like PM service for so many points a month, or create forums that members have to spend points to view/post in...any other ideas let a group staff member know.

I thought the whole idea of the points, were to promote possitive post on EMTbravo. As well as have fun with the lottery. I thinik with a certin amount of points EMTbravo would give you a prize or something, atlest that's what I remeber. It would be nice with a certin amount of points to be able to donate to a charity of your choosing.

If I can remember correctly the idea behind the points was to donate so much per point to a charity at the end of the year, like a burn unit or something. Otherwise there is points lottery, and you can bribe other members by offering them points :rolleyes: ....

Maybe we should re-invent the whole point system and find something that works....Like PM service for so many points a month, or create forums that members have to spend points to view/post in...any other ideas let a group staff member know.

*Looks around* Bribes, what bribes?

:lol:

Mike

Some more options for the points system would be nice.

Guys, come on... the points are just there. It is a free website we shouldn't expect free stuff just for posts. It is cool enough that Seth and the moderators pour their time and money into the site.

The point system is he and I use it a fun tool, I like to play the lotto game and put it in the bank and watch it grow.

I think thats is what we should all do for now.

Just my 2 points,

Guys, come on... the points are just there. It is a free website we shouldn't expect free stuff just for posts. It is cool enough that Seth and the moderators pour their time and money into the site.

Although I agree with you about it being free, and I have always supported Seth and the site, I was mainly looking for more ideas to be able to encourage all of the "Lurkers" to become more active and start making more posts. Thats all. I wasnt looking for more "Free" stuff, sorry, I should have clarified that better. We have the system, we might as well make good use of it to increase the post count and knowledge base.

Moose

One of the ideas that Seth had with the point system was to give something to the community through matching "x" number of points for a certain amount of cash, some put up by EMTBravo, and smoe through our advertisers.

Bravo Points: Giving back to the Community

Once some other issues are settled, perhaps we could resume this.

As many have seen, I have delegated a lot of my work to the EMTBravo Webteam, which allows me to focus on other things.

I am currently building some behind the scenes infastructure, and that's expected to take a coupple of more weeks to complete. Once that's done, I'll be able to reevaluate the points program, including the accrual process.

I would like to continue converting points to charity donations, but right now I'm struggling financially due to the loss of my job, and need to bank away every dollar earned from advertisers to ensure that I can continue to pay for the server until finances are figured out.

I really hope that I can get the charity thing back going though, I think that is the best way for people to spend points. I have a lot of charities picked out, and some advertisers to team up with when finances allow.

I apologize for the neglect of the program.

Another question about the points. How do some members with only like 30 or something posts have over a million points?? Just out of curiosity. Also this doesn't really have anything to do with points but how come there are Alpha members with only 30 or so posts?? I read the thread about it and they said you can also be and alpha member if you consistently post well thought out and well informed posts but some members are only here for a few months with only 30 posts. Im not trying to start a battle just curious.