Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com E-Memorial Page?

8 posts in this topic

I've been tossing around the idea of creating an "E-Memorial" thread on EMTBravo.com for all the losses we've suffered from our community in the northern suburbs. It would be retroactive to 2003, when EMTBravo.com was launched.

My idea would to be to put a photo of the person, the date they passed on, and a short bio. There would also be a link to their E-Condolence thread.

We recieve many messages from families about the "E-Condolence Cards" we all sign on this forum. Many families are VERY appreciative of them, and say that it gives them a lot of comfort to read through what their "extended family" has to say about them. One recent message to the EMTBravo Director Of Member Relations, DOC22, from a widower of a Firefighter, said she was very appreciative of the thread, and was priniting it out so that when her sons grew older, she could show them about how much their father was respected and what kind of guy he was.

For me, that story and many like it, are reasons why we keep pluging on with the forum. It means a lot to people, not only in emergency services, and we truly enjoy providing it despite the stress.

Anyways, as far as the memorial page goes, if you guys like the idea, is there anyone willing to take on the task of compiling and writing all the information, and maintaining the page?

Any input appreciated.

-Seth G.

I'm definitely for an In Memorium section or sport on EmtBravo.com. A great way for us to remember the LODD we must report and so we never forget those who gave the supreme sacrifice.

I think it's a great tribute for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

It looks like we have TWO "volunteers" ! :D

Great Idea seth we should do it across all the forums.

Great Idea seth we should do it across all the forums.

I think this is a great idea, and agree with Chris to run it across the entire group!

Seth

We have this on my EOD Community forums. It lists all the Techs, Civilian and Military who have died in the Line of Duty. It is Titled "Never Forget". A photo with a brief biography to include the incident that they were on when killed is posted. Then others may post rememberences of the fallen Tech. It is a great way to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.