Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Who's Currently Building NYPD ESU Bodies?

12 posts in this topic

I know for a while, Odyssey Auto ( http://www.odysseyauto.com ) was building the bodies for the REP-Trucks for NYPD*ESU. They continue to put out some nice ESU units, such as YPD's newest Truck 3 ( http://www.odysseyauto.com/vehicles/rescue...ers-2/index.htm ), and this awesome unit for New Castle County, Delaware EMS ( http://www.odysseyauto.com/vehicles/rescue...astle/index.htm )

I know NYPD Fleet refurbs and remounts the bodies numerous times before finally being disposed of.

But, who is currently building the newest generation of bodies I see hitting the streets of NYC? They are definetly brand new.

Last I heard, NYPD was getting Ferrara's. Ferrara New Deliveries scroll down to NYPD.

Mike

Seth Is talking about the smaller units, that are built on ford truck chassis.

Speaking of the Ferrara, the finished (but unlettered) product is up on the Ferrara site. Looks like a monster.

The Ferara looks sharp. Wonder where it is going.... As for the REP's I have no idea who is building them, but the Yonkers T3 came out great from odyssey, as far as I can see....maybe one day someone will remember that I work in a closet and come visit so I can see the insides! The new T3 also has an MDT! So now they can see what BS we are sending them too.....

Oddyessy has the current contract to build give or take about 15 new NYPD ESU REP'S. The newer trucks that are on the road were built by another manufactuer not sure? Heard they are not thrilled with them. NYPD has very tough specs for truck building, due to the wear and tear and thehigh volume of accidents caused by the congested roadways. They are always trying to build a great truck, but then the low bidder comes into play.

YPD has replaced all three primary trucks T-3 (O/O/S accident), T-2, T-4 which will be on the road this week. A 4th truck is to be delivered late this year 2008 replacing T-3 again giving the fleet a new spare.

American Lafrance currently is in the early stages to build 2 REP'S for Port Authority Police.

Ferrara has just completed a HAZ-MAT TRUCK for ESU. NYPD is also working on spec's for replacing several big trucks citywide. Some are over 10 years old.

Edited by tbendick

Oddyessy has the current contract to build give or take about 15 new NYPD ESU REP'S. The newer trucks that are on the road were built by another manufactuer not sure? Heard they are not thrilled with them. NYPD has very tough specs for truck building, due to the wear and tear and thehigh volume of accidents caused by the congested roadways. They are always trying to build a great truck, but then the low bidder comes into play.

YPD has replaced all three primary trucks T-3 (O/O/S accident), T-2, T-4 which will be on the road this week. A 4th truck is to be delivered late this year 2008 replacing T-3 again giving the fleet a new spare.

American Lafrance currently is in the early stages to build 2 REP'S for Port Authority Police.

Ferrara has just completed a HAZ-MAT TRUCK for ESU. NYPD is also working on spec's for replacing several big trucks citywide. Some are over 10 years old.

Do the new NYPD REP's look identical to the current REP's? Or do they have longer crew cabs or different shape box on the back??

Secondly, does every ESS have the international ESV with the Zodiac on the roof??

Many thanks

We were told that Krammes out in Penn. received the original contract from NYPD of 50 REP's about two years ago. They delivered the first eleven just a little slower than anticipated and the contract then wound up going to Odyssey. I was able to check out one of the first to come from Krammes that was assigned to Truck 4. And IMO the design and construction was incredible. But time will tell. NYPD REP spec's are mind boggling and well done. We referenced them when ordering trucks from Odyssey and outside of the turbo's blowing on all five trucks at least twice, which is Ford's problem, they have been pretty good so far except for some small issues. Didn't you guys say that American LaFrance is Chapter 11 or 13 in regards to Port Auth. ESU?

Link to Krammes-3rd pic down 1 of the 11 NYPD ESU REP's

http://www.krammesgroup.com/police-firecomplete.htm

The unit on Ferrara's web site is a dedicated Haz Mat vehicle for ESU. I haven't seen nor heard who is in line for the large trucks but I's have to imagine that if they are happy with the Ferrara that might give them a foot in the door. Of course Pierce has several larger law enforcement vehicles out their and from what I have heard FDNY's Rescue 1 likes their Pierce so who knows.

Wasn't Henderson Trucks on Long Island building REP style vehicles for someone?

Do the new NYPD REP's look identical to the current REP's? Or do they have longer crew cabs or different shape box on the back??

Secondly, does every ESS have the international ESV with the Zodiac on the roof??

Many thanks

No crew cabs yet. The one pictured above is the current design. Yes there are 3 ESV trucks. Truck 4 has one and truck 6 and truck 8, I believe. All three are the same with stanley systems, Jumper airbags and other support equipment.

We were told that Krammes out in Penn. received the original contract from NYPD of 50 REP's about two years ago. They delivered the first eleven just a little slower than anticipated and the contract then wound up going to Odyssey. I was able to check out one of the first to come from Krammes that was assigned to Truck 4. And IMO the design and construction was incredible. But time will tell. NYPD REP spec's are mind boggling and well done. We referenced them when ordering trucks from Odyssey and outside of the turbo's blowing on all five trucks at least twice, which is Ford's problem, they have been pretty good so far except for some small issues. Didn't you guys say that American LaFrance is Chapter 11 or 13 in regards to Port Auth. ESU?

Link to Krammes-3rd pic down 1 of the 11 NYPD ESU REP's

http://www.krammesgroup.com/police-firecomplete.htm

Reguarding ALF they will be out of chapter 11 very shortly. It is a reorganizational move. They have over 300 orders pending 180 which are bonded.

The unit on Ferrara's web site is a dedicated Haz Mat vehicle for ESU. I haven't seen nor heard who is in line for the large trucks but I's have to imagine that if they are happy with the Ferrara that might give them a foot in the door. Of course Pierce has several larger law enforcement vehicles out their and from what I have heard FDNY's Rescue 1 likes their Pierce so who knows.

Wasn't Henderson Trucks on Long Island building REP style vehicles for someone?

Great info guys, i just read in Katz's book about Truck 8 having all the utility units, the bomb truck, the containment vehicle used to take devices under safety to a safe sit to be detonated, and a collapse vehicle??, have all thses vehicles now gone, as i see Katz's book is from the 90's, as far as i know truck 8 just runs the four REP's their truck and the ESV, but i could be wrong.

jarrod