Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chief Officers Responding Mutual Aid

74 posts in this topic

Gentlemen, are we discussing Union Issues or Chiefs responding Mutual Aid? I lost track. ;)

Sorry moose they kind of blended togeather there for a while

Sorry moose they kind of blended togeather there for a while

Not a problem! ;)

I was just hoping I didnt have to split the topic Again. :rolleyes:

Its a good discussion though, so if you guys want to continue it by all means start a topic under General Emergency Services Issues or something, because Ive been enjoying reading and following the topic.! :)

Moderator Moose

Pssssssst ... Anyone notice that the kid who questioned this practice has slipped away into silence about 3 pages ago? :lol:

As long as you are not doing volunteer work in the Dept. you also are getting paid with, or go mutual aide to that Dept. like going m/a into FDNY with your hometown dept. if you are also a FDNY member, the union cannot tell you not to volunteer in your hometowns, unless they try and bully you or make it hard for you. Just look at the dozens and dozens of FDNY firefighters who died on 9-11, that were also Volunteers in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland ect....big names, well respected around the country, training instructors, Chiefs, ex Chiefs of their hometown Depts. NO unon was going to tell them NOT to volunteer. And NO union is going to tell me NOT to, unless it is the above situation. I respect that "rule" but being a paid firefighter and a volunteer nearby should be NO problem.

Edited by Ladder47

Pssssssst ... Anyone notice that the kid who questioned this practice has slipped away into silence about 3 pages ago? :lol:

He couldn't get a word in edgewise with the IAFF debate going on :rolleyes:

Yes and it doesn't surprise me.

how 'bout u read the 5th post...thanks

Yes and it doesn't surprise me.

really, i thought it would...

As long as you are not doing volunteer work in the Dept. you also are getting paid with, or go mutual aide to that Dept. like going m/a into FDNY with your hometown dept. if you are also a FDNY member, the union cannot tell you not to volunteer in your hometowns, unless they try and bully you or make it hard for you. Just look at the dozens and dozens of FDNY firefighters who died on 9-11, that were also Volunteers in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland ect....big names, well respected around the country, training instructors, Chiefs, ex Chiefs of their hometown Depts. NO unon was going to tell them NOT to volunteer. And NO union is going to tell me NOT to, unless it is the above situation. I respect that "rule" but being a paid firefighter and a volunteer nearby should be NO problem.

Here Here.

He couldn't get a word in edgewise with the IAFF debate going on :rolleyes:

It seems pretty easy to me to get a word in edgewise. Heres how: Click reply, type your message, then click add reply. No one is holding you back. On a more serious note, sorry the topic went a bit off scope, but, the discussions were enlightening.

Joe

As a past officer more help the better i never turned away help i had a FDNY member help at a fire and my compay is 50 miles north of nyc as far as officers go we have 4 chief officers and out of the four one a**'t chief stayed in town on all mutual aid calls.

Which rule is that?

Hey Jef- excuse me .... vacguy? In case you missed it, there was a smiley face after my comment. That means it was said in jest. I saw your "5th post", so please don't get all defensive. You asked your question, and others gave their reasoning. You stirred the pot and left, that's fine.

Any other problems ... you do know where to contact me.