Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Deleted Posts

23 posts in this topic

Members,

There seems to be somewhat of an outcry by some members about posts being deleted. I think I speak for all moderators when I say that we try to use that very sparingly. And, for the record, I did not delete any of the posts from the thread about too many chiefs at a fire. I tried to offer some useful thoughts and it got carried away.

The post deletion tool is used when a poster is not being civil in his words or is attacking another members thoughts. What would happen if we let something like that go out of control? The site and the ideas behind it would be useless because it would be nothing but arguments and ranting, so the moderators try to keep it light and running smoothly. Just understand the intent is to keep the info useful and enlightening and you will be fine.

JVC

Members,

There seems to be somewhat of an outcry by some members about posts being deleted. I think I speak for all moderators when I say that we try to use that very sparingly. And, for the record, I did not delete any of the posts from the thread about too many chiefs at a fire. I tried to offer some useful thoughts and it got carried away.

The post deletion tool is used when a poster is not being civil in his words or is attacking another members thoughts. What would happen if we let something like that go out of control? The site and the ideas behind it would be useless because it would be nothing but arguments and ranting, so the moderators try to keep it light and running smoothly. Just understand the intent is to keep the info useful and enlightening and you will be fine.

JVC

I have been reading this fourm for a few years now and I must say that this has become the most namby pamby touchy feel web site I have ever seen. What do you do at your firehouses when there is a disagreement...cry foul and call your mom?....Some people on here need to grow a set along with some hair!

I have been reading this fourm for a few years now and I must say that this has become the most namby pamby touchy feel web site I have ever seen. What do you do at your firehouses when there is a disagreement...cry foul and call your mom?....Some people on here need to grow a set along with some hair!

Brother, its very simple, and try and see every point here before ranting further...what happens in your station isnt read by thousands of people from all over the WORLD.

What is written and shared here IS, which is why we as staff members attempt to keep the personal taunts, jibes at people and agencies, and swearing to a minimum, so that whats shared here is viewed as professional, and clean.

Does that help any?

I support you and the rest of the EMTBravo staff Joe.

Brian

Members,

JVC

Joe,

Never said you deleted my post, nor do I think you did. You have a job to do and I'm sure you do it well.

You take them to the basement for a blanket party, if ya know what I mean. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time!!

Joe,

Never said you deleted my post, nor do I think you did. You have a job to do and I'm sure you do it well.

You take them to the basement for a blanket party, if ya know what I mean. Won't be the first time, won't be the last time!!

We finally agree on something. You are absolutely correct. If a member can't hack it, they are dealt with severely, through chop-breaking etc. But keep in mind all, this is not the basement or the bunk room of the firehouse, it is a world wide web forum and as mentioned, it can possibly be read by thousands of people, so lets look like the pros we want to be seen as!

JVC

I am ok with the growing a set thing, but it's too late for the hair...at least for me! :lol:

With all due respect to you and your rank sir, as well as anyone else who shares your same feelings that this site is to touchy feely then delete your account. It is simple that these forums are being used as an educational tool, as well as information site. If some people feel that they are to "good" to follow the rules set fourth by the administration. Then kindly be on your way. As stated by brain and joe, EMTbravo staff does not use this feature unless they feels the rules have been violated. Have respect for the EMTbravo staff and respect the rules they enforce.

Pretend that you are adressing a high official when typing, would you honestly say something to that person that would make that person think twice about you?? I would hope not, So why should that mentality not be applied here.

With all due respect to you and your rank sir, as well as anyone else who shares your same feelings that this site is to touchy feely then delete your account. It is simple that these forums are being used as an educational tool, as well as information site. If some people feel that they are to "good" to follow the rules set fourth by the administration. Then kindly be on your way. As stated by brain and joe, EMTbravo staff does not use this feature unless they feels the rules have been violated. Have respect for the EMTbravo staff and respect the rules they enforce.

Pretend that you are adressing a high official when typing, would you honestly say something to that person that would make that person think twice about you?? I would hope not, So why should that mentality not be applied here.

High Official?????

OH MY GOD!

90% of you would not last 20 seconds at the kitchen table at the firehouse in the morning!

Nothing is sacred, except a few things that have a time limit. After that it's fair game.

That's the life we lead. Wouldn't have it any other way.

High Official?????

OH MY GOD!

90% of you would not last 20 seconds at the kitchen table at the firehouse in the morning!

Nothing is sacred, except a few things that have a time limit. After that it's fair game.

That's the life we lead. Wouldn't have it any other way.

i personally enjoy it the B.S. in the morning!

not only have my posts been edited for months, but my post mentioning someone deleted my post was deleted!!!

what is going on w/ this site??

if you feel it's necessary to delete a post, how about you pm me so i don't search for it like I'm lost. secondly, if you feel the need to edit my posts how about you mention it in that "edited for..." option you guys have, so once again i don't sit here with a dumb look on my face as to why only a portion of my post was posted! ...unreal

i personally enjoy it the B.S. in the morning!

Keeps the blood flowing.....

"Nothing is sacred, except a few things that have a time limit. After that it's fair game."

We don't have a time limit ...We give you the whole shift with 3 days off

I have to agree that there are some thin skinned individuals on this site. However, Seth and the other mods want to keep this place as civil as possible. Seth owns it, he runs it as he sees fit. Doesn't matter if we like it or not, we play the game, or take our ball and go home. The line does get drawn a little too close sometimes.

I think that some of things being said in this thread(cursing for instance) is EXACTLY why posts are being deleted.

I think that some of things being said in this thread(cursing for instance) is EXACTLY why posts are being deleted.

I agree that post deletion is a very needed tool in post moderation, however, a good point was raised about notifying members of their post deletions/edits. This would enhance communication with posters and moderators and help inform people about why their posts were deleted and what they should or should not post in the future. EMTBravo staff.... just something to consider to further enhance the site.

Yes I agree that the persons post who got deleted or edited should be notified. But other then that I really feel the mods and admin are doing a great job and should keep up the good work. It's been said before and I will say it again if you don't like the way things go here just LEAVE no one is holding a gun to your head and making you log on to this site. Sorry for the rant but this bothers me that all these people do is complain about this site and it's FREE for anyone to come and go.

Yes I agree that the persons post who got deleted or edited should be notified. But other then that I really feel the mods and admin are doing a great job and should keep up the good work. It's been said before and I will say it again if you don't like the way things go here just LEAVE no one is holding a gun to your head and making you log on to this site. Sorry for the rant but this bothers me that all these people do is complain about this site and it's FREE for anyone to come and go.

of course they are doing a great job, this site has a major impact on people, that's something to be proud of. but, WE the members are what makes this site great, if mods want to edit a person's thoughts or ideas, that member should be notified...i just get the sense they might be on the verge of going a bit overboard.

you have no idea how many times i've search and searched and searched for my posts, only to find that they have been deleted. it's aggravating

of course they are doing a great job, this site has a major impact on people, that's something to be proud of. but, WE the members are what makes this site great, if mods want to edit a person's thoughts or ideas, that member should be notified...i just get the sense they might be on the verge of going a bit overboard.

you have no idea how many times i've search and searched and searched for my posts, only to find that they have been deleted. it's aggravating

Vacguy, it's really quite simple. Nobody here wants to "egit your thoughts. However when your posts are an attempt to incite conflict, or contain vulgarities or an attempt to portray vulgarities through the use of symbols, or the information therin is inaccurate, senseless or disruptive to this forum, they most certainly be deleted. This is not something that we want to do but if you can't follow a few simple rules, which are there for the good of the majority, you leave us no choice.

some moderator said i have a 80% warning level, that can't be good! lol

some moderator said i have a 80% warning level, that can't be good! lol

If it gets to 100% you have to go and wash everyones trucks this summer...(jk) :P

vacguy, no one is singling you out brother, we are just attempting to keep it clean. When a moderator takes action against a member they usually send a message to you and explain why, but the mod doesnt have to send it. As far as deleting posts, we will notify everyone why they have been deleted in the future, fair?

Send one of us a PM if you feel you have more questions and we will do our best to help you.

Thanks

Moderator Moose

If it gets to 100% you have to go and wash everyones trucks this summer...(jk) :P

vacguy, no one is singling you out brother, we are just attempting to keep it clean. When a moderator takes action against a member they usually send a message to you and explain why, but the mod doesnt have to send it. As far as deleting posts, we will notify everyone why they have been deleted in the future, fair?

Send one of us a PM if you feel you have more questions and we will do our best to help you.

Thanks

Moderator Moose

bueno

Anybody want to see some real ranting where nothing is held back, check out the FDNY Rant website. It's amazing the stuff guys are allowed to post and they get away with it. No bars held there. They tear everyone up, from the Top Brass to the EEOC. Good Stuff!

Anybody want to see some real ranting where nothing is held back, check out the FDNY Rant website. It's amazing the stuff guys are allowed to post and they get away with it. No bars held there. They tear everyone up, from the Top Brass to the EEOC. Good Stuff!

That's nice, but remember one thing---That one is as you call it a RANT site. This one is not, nor will ever be a site for ranting and bashing. The purpose here is for a place where people can learn, share experiences, and even their opinions as long as the latter is done in a CIVIL manner.

I think it would be beneificial to leave the post where it is in the thread, just delete the content of the post, and put something like "post deleted by mod" where it actually lists the mod's name that deleted the post. I know that I have made psots on other sites, then went back to check to see if there were any responses. Only to not be able to find my post, because it was deleted, so I posted again. and the cycle repeats.