Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

KVI Uniforms & Equipment Store New Location

8 posts in this topic

KVI Uniforms & Equipment has moved to a new location (50 Carpenter Ave) in Middletown, NY. Their new store is 6 times larger than their previous location. They are now open 6 days a week with longer store hours.

They are an authorized full line 5.11 tactical equipment dealer and they carry pretty much every brand of uniform and equipment with the exception of Blauer. They do business with about half of the PDs, FDs and EMS agencies within Orange County. With the large number of residents who live in the area who work for NYPD and FDNY, they also carry NYC spec uniforms and related equipment. They do emroidery and screen printing on site.

In addition to the items listed above, they are also a dealer of FireDex turnout gear, they sell Carhart clothing, scrubs and boy/cub scout uniforms and Red Wing shoes and boots.

As of right now, they do not have a website for their business, but there is one in the works. I would like to congratulate Bill and Kim (the owners) on their new store and I wish them great success.

KVI Uniforms & Equipment has moved to a new location (50 Carpenter Ave) in Middletown, NY. Their new store is 6 times larger than their previous location. They are now open 6 days a week with longer store hours.

They are an authorized full line 5.11 tactical equipment dealer and they carry pretty much every brand of uniform and equipment with the exception of Blauer. They do business with about half of the PDs, FDs and EMS agencies within Orange County. With the large number of residents who live in the area who work for NYPD and FDNY, they also carry NYC spec uniforms and related equipment. They do emroidery and screen printing on site.

In addition to the items listed above, they are also a dealer of FireDex turnout gear, they sell Carhart clothing, scrubs and boy/cub scout uniforms and Red Wing shoes and boots.

As of right now, they do not have a website for their business, but there is one in the works. I would like to congratulate Bill and Kim (the owners) on their new store and I wish them great success.

How are their prices? Worth risking my life over the TZB to check out the store or should I just shop online? Website?

You didn't say that I needed a Passport to get there. LOL How come Google Maps gives me 1 set of directions and MapQuest gives me a totally different set? I can never understand that. Oh well, I might have to take a ride up there this week and check it out. Hope I don't stopped by the MOUNTIES.

Oneeyedmedic,

They dont have a website yet, but they do have A LOT of stuff in stock. It may be worth taking the ride up there. I am not sure why the maps gave you different directions. If it helps you find the place, it is near the main entrance to the Orange County Fairgrounds.

Thanks. The only thing that will help me find it is an INDIAN TRACKER. LOL. Google told me 87 N/B to exit 16 Harriman. I am familar with that location. Follow that for about 15mi or so on RT 17W and it is around there. Looks like it down the street from some hospital. Next week I will check it out.

How do you think the prices are?

Oneeyedmedic,

Their prices are very fair compared to some of the other places around the area. They are not out to screw people over on the prices, especially when they know if that an individual is paying for something and not their agency.

If and when you go there, ask to see Bill or Kim, they are the owners. Tell them that the Captain from Chester Ambulance recommended them and sent you there and make to let them know the distance that you travled to get there. They should take care of you.

Doug

Thanks. The only thing that will help me find it is an INDIAN TRACKER. LOL. Google told me 87 N/B to exit 16 Harriman. I am familar with that location. Follow that for about 15mi or so on RT 17W and it is around there. Looks like it down the street from some hospital. Next week I will check it out.

Exits 120 and 122 from 17 will both get you there. It's also "reasonable" walking distance from Mechanicstown FD, should you feel the need to do a little "buffing" while in the area.