Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

Electric-Powered Stretcher: Who Has Them, And What Do You Think?

35 posts in this topic

Don't you think that you could spend 10k on something else other than a stretcher? I mean how lazy to you have to get? I just don't understand it and I don't want to hear about getting hurt either. If you can't lift correctly then get out OF EMS. Spending 10K on something is RIDICULOUS.

I agree, but will not elaborate further on this "slow motion car wreck" of a topic. I can only see myself getting in trouble with this one. :lol:

"Don't you think that you could spend 10k on something else other than a stretcher? I mean how lazy to you have to get? I just don't understand it and I don't want to hear about getting hurt either. If you can't lift correctly then get out OF EMS. Spending 10K on something is RIDICULOUS."

Then I guess spending $4k on a co meter is too much or $20k for a LP12 IS too MUCH AS WELL?

or how about $25k on the upcomming LP15?

My service can't spend money fast enough. I guess if you are comming from a career EMS world that dosent have money for pay checks than you dont complain about not having the best equipment available to do the job, your just glad the ambulance has fuel in it.......

lake carmel has one it's pretty cool we have the stair chair toothe it's a little heavier than a stretcher without the batteries and it has a handle that you would have to squeeze and incase the battery fails.

Then I guess spending $4k on a co meter is too much or $20k for a LP12 IS too MUCH AS WELL?

or how about $25k on the upcomming LP15?

My service can't spend money fast enough. I guess if you are comming from a career EMS world that dosent have money for pay checks than you dont complain about not having the best equipment available to do the job, your just glad the ambulance has fuel in it.......

Thats right, there's a perfectly acceptable $400 CO meter that magically monitors CO from across the room and a $2000 or $2500 monitor out there that is just as capable as the LifePak. Thats a ridiculous comparison. If there are better ways to serve your community then thats where the money needs to be spent. From what I've seen, one the biggest differences between Westchester volleys and most paid areas is the reliance on stretchers. Everyone gets a stretcher and the damn thing is taken everywhere. Really want to save your back, walk the patients that don't need to be carried. I can't imagine going back to carrying someone with a broken wrist. If the patient does need to be carried, use the stair chair. Fully loaded it costs 1/5th of what the powered stretcher does and it is 1/4 of the weight.

Thats right, there's a perfectly acceptable $400 CO meter that magically monitors CO from across the room and a $2000 or $2500 monitor out there that is just as capable as the LifePak. Thats a ridiculous comparison. If there are better ways to serve your community then thats where the money needs to be spent. From what I've seen, one the biggest differences between Westchester volleys and most paid areas is the reliance on stretchers. Everyone gets a stretcher and the damn thing is taken everywhere. Really want to save your back, walk the patients that don't need to be carried. I can't imagine going back to carrying someone with a broken wrist. If the patient does need to be carried, use the stair chair. Fully loaded it costs 1/5th of what the powered stretcher does and it is 1/4 of the weight.

Godforbid somebody walks to the ambulance. That would make so much sense. It has gotten better though. I have seen more people walk to the ambulance then in the past. Unless of course you have to get the powered stairchair with treds to help you go down the stairs.

I have been lifting and carrying people for a long time now. Some down flights and flights of stairs and I NEVER EVER had a back injury. Knock on wood. I see the problem with any lifting injuries is technique. People think they are using their legs but they are using their lower back.

You would think that 100% of PD on scene would offer to give you a hand. AT least with some bags or other gear.That doesn't mean anyone should expect them to carry a PT for you. I am all about helping, but I did my time carrying PT's. If I see that a crew CAN'T do it then I will help. But don't think that I/WE are automatically going to do it.