Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Poll: Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Premium Membership?

Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Premium Membership?   157 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay For A Premium Membership

• I Would Be Willing To Pay $2/month
    • I Would Be Willing To Pay $5/month
    • It Would Depend On Features Offered
    • I WOULDN'T BE WILLING TO PAY ANYTHING
  2. 3. On What Schedule Would You Prefer To Pay?

• Monthly
    • Quarterly
    • Yearly
  3. 4. What Form Of Payment Would You Prefer?

• Paypal
    • Credit Card
    • Check/Money Order Via Mail

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

The above is just a SURVEY, to help with some reasearch we're doing regarding a POSSIBLE "Premium Member" subscription program that several members and staff have suggested.

Please participate in the survey above, and add any comments to this thread.

Thanks

Seth

I do not enjoy the site as much as I used to. I started visiting the site because of the alerts and info. I was hoping for a site that had quality information on it. Lately all you see is posting on topic's that are just pointless. A person will ask a simple question or try to start a discussion and they get slammed. It turns into my playground is better than yours. It takes money to run a site, so I can see where this is going. It is a goodsite. I would not subscribe to it myself because it does not offer anything new worth paying for. This is not a knock on the administrators. The pictures are good, but I already pay for drama with cable. For a good argument I can stick around the firehouse ktchen for coffee and not be censored. JK :angry:

I'm willing to pay per month, but the poll is making me choose a "no I don't want to pay anything choice" before i submit my answers

Some other forums I belong to offer a gold yearly membership for $10 a year, and $100 for a life time. That seems like a resonable amount.

I think it would be a good idea, if the site is having trouble staying up because of money issues. I have used the site for many years now and will continue to use it. I really enjoy it.

On a forum that I'm on besides this, you can personally choose how you want to pay, so instead of doing the all for one and one for all, individuals and choose how they want to pay.

Heres the way they price it out there

All Features - With Banners

Get 3 months for the price of 2.

Get 12 months for the price of 6.

1 month - 4.95

3 months - 9.95

6 months - 19.95

12 months - 29.95

All Features - No Banners

No ad banners on top of the forums.

1 month - 5.50

3 months - 14.50

6 months - 29.50

12 months - 49.50

Main Forum/Search/PM Only

These subscription packages offer access to main Off Topic forum, 25 Private Messages and search capabilities.

You do not get an avatar or any other optional features.

1 month - 5.75

12 months - 15.75

Works out really well, and everyone knows that the forum operator cannot afford to run the 5th biggest forum on the internet by himself, so everyone chips in.

Ill contibute quarterly or yearly.....

I do not enjoy the site as much as I used to. I started visiting the site because of the alerts and info. I was hoping for a site that had quality information on it. Lately all you see is posting on topic's that are just pointless. A person will ask a simple question or try to start a discussion and they get slammed. It turns into my playground is better than yours. It takes money to run a site, so I can see where this is going. It is a goodsite. I would not subscribe to it myself because it does not offer anything new worth paying for. This is not a knock on the administrators. The pictures are good, but I already pay for drama with cable. For a good argument I can stick around the firehouse ktchen for coffee and not be censored. JK :angry:

Exactly, When I first joined (With a diff Username) 90% of the topics on here were pretty much strictly fire related, valuble information like tips And Hints on forcible entry, pros and cons on certain roof cut techniques, various ways in checking cocklofts, etc etc I can go on. Now Maybe 1 out of 7 topics are only worth thinking about clicking if that makes sence. Its all GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL, and idk arguments about advertisments on here?. When I want to talk about the giants and there victory, I go on forums discusing the nfl, and other sport relations. And If I want to talk about my other interests, like the FF'ing service, Ill Come here or firehouse.com. So from what ive read on here, this site is supposed to be in the ball park of Fire, Police, & EMS....But with the road its on now, Its getting to a point where its everything but.

Edited by NoFearFD

Exactly, When I first joined (With a diff Username) 90% of the topics on here were pretty much strictly fire related, valuble information like tips And Hints on forcible entry, pros and cons on certain roof cut techniques, various ways in checking cocklofts, etc etc I can go on. Now Maybe 1 out of 7 topics are only worth thinking about clicking if that makes sence. Its all GIANTS WON THE SUPERBOWL, and idk arguments about advertisments on here?. When I want to talk about the giants and there victory, I go on forums discusing the nfl, and other sport relations. And If I want to talk about my other interests, like the FF'ing service, Ill Come here or firehouse.com. So from what ive read on here, this site is supposed to be in the ball park of Fire, Police, & EMS....But with the road its on now, Its getting to a point where its everything but.

The question was, whether you'd pay for a Premium Membership or not, and related discussion. You didn't address the question.

This forum is only as good as what you take from it. Obviously, you haven't been reading a lot of the topics lately, because there have been some very knowledgeable minds sharing opinions and information relating to emergency services.

As far as the other discussion goes, EMTBravo is a COMMUNITY. Many of us on here, many of us regulars, are friends or have developed friendships through this forum, and like to discuss other topics as well with one another. When you're at the station, do you ONLY talk about the fire service, and balk when someone talks about sports or current events?

When you came on here, you were young as you still are. A lot of members guided you, and you learned a lot from this forum. Additonally, this forum has served as an avenue for you to network and promote your YouTube videos and Fire scene photos. This forum has treated you well, and I feel that you're now biting the hand that fed you, so to speak. I'm insulted.

(NoFearFD formerly known as NRFDTL11Buff)

BTW, what does "idk" mean?

Before I take the poll I would like to know what I get with Premium Membership?