Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

Streamlight Fire Vulcan v.s. Bright star lighthawk

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone own one of these products or there dept. does? what are the pros and cons of each light. I am interested in getting one possibly

Streamlight fire vulcan

9aal4x.jpg

Bright star lighthawk

1z56iyc.jpg

Edited by Ladder44

We are in the process of changing from the Streamlight Lite Box to the Streamlight Fire Vulcan. The Fire Vulcan is much lighter and less bulky than the Lite box and has the "seat belt" type strap. They also have the "tail light" LED's which can help you keep a visual (so to speak) of your fellow ff's. We have always had good luck with Streamlight products. The Bright Star I have not used personally but they do look like a Streamlight knock off. Just my $0.02

the steamlight fire vulcan has my vote, great light intensity with the tail lights and easy to use with bulky gloves

the steamlight fire vulcan has my vote, great light intensity with the tail lights and easy to use with bulky gloves

i have my own and my dept. new rescue is outfitted with them and alot of are guys have there own as well and they love them there very light and you can see the blue led's throw smoke very well we also have the old light boxes on are other trucks stremlight all the way i have never even herd of the other one befor just now

I went through 2 Vulcans in about 6 years time, they are kind of light duty and their battery life was not so great. They would always seem to die half way through a job. Eventually they both just stopped working and taking a charge. I now have a Power Plus FD-1 light. I am much happier with the durability, brightness, and battery life. Yes they cost twice the price but it is great having a reliable flashlight. The only thing it doesn't have are the rear blue lights.

Read more about them here:

All Hands Fire

Edited by Jason762

I have a vulcan and I like it. It is bright the charge lasts for a good amount of time and it is small enough that it doesnt get in the way. I have a small strap for it so it snaps right to my Gemtor harness. I also like the jumpers inside of the light to alter the light patterns to fit your needs.

I have owned it for three years and have already had to replace 3 bulbs, resolder a wire and replace the battery once.