Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
millwood127

Briarcliffs 46.26 repeater radio interference

12 posts in this topic

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that every 30 minutes or so there is a constant noise on briarcliffs 46.26 repeater frequencies 460.1125 that lasts about a minute or two has anybody else noticed this and does anyone know why or what this is for

Edited by TR54

I have noticed the same thing only with the Peekskill repeater

I've heard it. Whatever is going on it's happening somewhere on 46.26 and the cross band repeater/s just retransmit whatever signal is present.

This has also happened on Cortlandt VAC, Peekskill VAC and 46.26 Montrose, Peekskill, Croton that I know of at the same time.

The problem seems to be coming from the Peekskill RESCO plant communications equipment.

IT IS SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I believe it was "stuck" on 46.26 last night during the Ossining fire, because Croton units were trying to call 60 Control and we couldn't hear them.

I feel like every transmitter at one point or another acts up - there's got to be a better solution. Perhaps we can all communicate via smoke signal?!

The problem seems to be coming from the Peekskill RESCO plant communications equipment.

IT IS SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact, I believe it was "stuck" on 46.26 last night during the Ossining fire, because Croton units were trying to call 60 Control and we couldn't hear them.

I feel like every transmitter at one point or another acts up - there's got to be a better solution. Perhaps we can all communicate via smoke signal?!

Haha John just hope it is not a windy day or foggy day and your luck you send up a smoke signal and someone will call in for smoke in the area. lol

But on a Serious note is there any way of fixing the towers becasue i know in the past week there were time we had a call and the fire house and ambulance pagers never acatived

I think there should be a relook at this system back when I was a kid I could remember there was never a problem with 46.26

Haha John just hope it is not a windy day or foggy day and your luck you send up a smoke signal and someone will call in for smoke in the area. lol

But on a Serious note is there any way of fixing the towers becasue i know in the past week there were time we had a call and the fire house and ambulance pagers never acatived

As long as the Hen Hud transmitters are working fine, you should get your pages. Montrose FD, Buchanan FD, Verplanck FD/EMS and Cortlandt VAC all get dispatched from Hen Hud. If there's a problem with any transmitters in Peekskill or even Croton it should have no effect on you guys getting your dispatches.

As long as the Hen Hud transmitters are working fine, you should get your pages. Montrose FD, Buchanan FD, Verplanck FD/EMS and Cortlandt VAC all get dispatched from Hen Hud. If there's a problem with any transmitters in Peekskill or even Croton it should have no effect on you guys getting your dispatches.

Ok I know the other day I called 60 when I got the Ipage and the tone never hit and was i was not sure what was going on and it happen to MFD and CCVAC with the Bad Car Accident last week

It never tripped my portable Remember. I always get the tones at home for the ccavc and MFD. that "tapping" noise gets annoying after a few seconds. has anyone tried to call ESS about it??

It never tripped my portable Remember. I always get the tones at home for the ccavc and MFD. that "tapping" noise gets annoying after a few seconds. has anyone tried to call ESS about it??

i believe it is also happening on west harrison freq 472.25 some days this week so its not just up north

have not heard the noise in the past week has this problem been fixed?