Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to volunteer

8 posts in this topic

I just moved to the City of White Plains and I'm looking to get back into volunteering. Unfortunately, WPFD seems to have a non-responding volunteer force, and all surrounding FD's have residency requirements. Any know of a department that I'd be able to join? I live close to Bloomingdales, if that helps in terms of placement.

Andrew: We recently had to turn away an applicant because of residency requirement who lived in White Plains . We suggested that he contact either North White Plains, Purchase or West Harrison. Good departments all three of them. Being in White Plains you would be adjoining them and depending on their rules, you may be eligible to join one of them.

Good Luck

purchase, and N white plains seem to be the closest

Purchase sounds good to me... but thats just my opinion

many depts make exceptions for people who work in their district. Even if you can't respond from work if it happens to be one of those neighboring districts it may work out.

White Plains does have a volunteer division but pretty much never gets called out. In reference to response time, North White Plains may be a little closer than Purchase.

If your living near Bloomingdales your closest response is probably West Harrison, a great department who, I'm sure, would be glad to have you come aboard. I'm sure if you contact the firehouse or the chief they can fill you in on any membership requirments.

Good Luck

Purchase sounds good to me... but thats just my opinion

Sent you an PM

Thanks for the help, guys!