Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Any Future Yonkers FD Code 3 Releases for 2005 ???

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what potential Code 3 Yonkers Fire Department Releases are planned for 2005? Would LOVE to see current Rescue 1 as well as the planned Squad 311 ! What about some "Classic" YFD Rigs, such as the '58 Mack B Rescue Truck, The Former TL 75 (Now TL 77), or the 67 Former Engine 4. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I dont think so, As far as I know YFD rigs for Code3 are no where in the near future. I do know they are working on a ESU truck from Yonkers.

I'd like to see Yonkers Engine 306, the 2004 American Lafrance Eagle reproduced, and I think we will eventually see that from Code 3.

In addition, I'd like to see YPD Truck 4 reproduced, and I've heard we may be seeing that in '05.

I'd also like to see Rescue 1, but I highly doubt that would ever happen.

It would be awesome if Code3 offered a "Build-A-Code3-Workshop", where you can custom create the model that you personally want, oppose to choosing the ones they already have in stock. If I had access to this cabability I would have: BHFD TL57, CFD TL-44, PFD TL-45, DFFD TL-23, HFD L-22, Engine 130, 48, 165, and the complete YFD set. Also I would order the whole YPD ESU set with Truck 2, 3, 4, and the Marine Unit.

I know for a fact, that they are possibly thinking of making a Special Edition Code 3 model of the new ALF E306 and dedicating it to the Memory of D/C Chris Kiernan.

Also the old Mack TL75 has been mentioned as well; but the Special Edition of E306 is more likely as the next Code 3 YFD rig, if all details are worked out.

You guys should publish contact information for Code 3 and encourage everybody to write them with suggestions for future editions. It's amusing to think how many potential customers are out there aside from us buffs. Every other little corner store in Yonkers would likely sell a ton of the Code 3 editions, given the chance. Ebay still has them, plus the discontinued YPD car.

And I am touched in hearing about a possible edition dedicated to the late Chris Kiernan of YFD, who's late father, was a co worker of mine many years back. He too, was a proud YFD member. Here's a golden opportunity for both YFD unions to raise monies by selling the commemorative editions.

I for one, would like to see 1960's orange and blue YPD cars. Am showing my age now !!!!I think they switched to blue and white about 1970 or so with the purchase of AMC Matadors.

Am I correct? And that's also when they may have switched to UHF from their former two VHF channels.

Happy Holidays from the good doctor.