Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCD0415

ICE - Have you ever used it ?

11 posts in this topic

We were talking the other night about the use of ICE being programmed into your Cell Phone.

Has anyone ever had the opportunity to use this at a call ?

It's in my phone. Never had to use it at a call.

There was a story from down here in FL though about it being used for an auto accident victim who's ICE designee let the medics know that he/she had several pre existing medical conditions or allergies. Whatever action was taken as a result of that ICE call apparently is what saved the victim.

It's in my phone. Never had to use it at a call.

There was a story from down here in FL though about it being used for an auto accident victim who's ICE designee let the medics know that he/she had several pre existing medical conditions or allergies. Whatever action was taken as a result of that ICE call apparently is what saved the victim.

Ditto, I have it in my phone, but never had the opportunity to use it or see it used locally.

Ditto, I have it in my phone, but never had the opportunity to use it or see it used locally.

Almost. We 'phoned a friend' who confirmed our suspicions (couldn't get close enough for a fingerstick) that the mean, uncooperative person with a monster left hook we were called for was a diabetic. After that the cops gently restrained the person with a sheet and an amp of dextrose later we were all best friends.

ICE is something that I have never had the need to use, and it has become (to me at least), something that I have forgotten about since people first started talking about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has forgotten about it, but it's good to be reminded and it's sure something that would be a very valuble tool and/or resource to have if the need arises.

Used phones before, but they never had ice. Wound up using recent calls.

I plugged it into my phone with my girlfriends Name, "I C E - Sue".

Now everytime she calls the display come up with the ICE Entry instead of her personal entry. (I guess I comes before S). 2 entries in the address book now with the same number.

Not the end of the world but a little annoying. Any way around that ?

Or should I just start calling her ICE? Naah maybe thats a bad idea.

Any Ideas?

I have never used it when operating at a call. I also do not have it on my phone.

I have not heard of anyone using it recently...one time a few years ago. It still may be useful even if not everyday.

I plugged it into my phone with my girlfriends Name, "I C E - Sue".

Now everytime she calls the display come up with the ICE Entry instead of her personal entry. (I guess I comes before S). 2 entries in the address book now with the same number.

Not the end of the world but a little annoying. Any way around that ?

Or should I just start calling her ICE? Naah maybe thats a bad idea.

Any Ideas?

Yeah, put it after her name in parenthesis