Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers - 12/12/04 Three Alarm - Mclean Avenue Fire

13 posts in this topic

Was anyone able to capture any of the Audio from the Dispatching on this 12/12 Yonkers 3 Alarm on Mclean Avenue? Also, any Photos Taken?

901 got some. They're posted at www.emtbravo.com

I'm pretty sure Truck 4 got some as well, and they probaly will be posted soon at www.onthejobny.com

tbendick may have as well, and those would be posted at www.nycfire.net

Since DFFD227 didn't do the IA, I would assume he was there as well.

Correct, 901, Truck4, Bendick and me all on scene...Will send in some pics...(I got there too late though)

by the way, its not looking too good for Carvel latly...lost 2 buildings in 1 week because of a fire...ALL IN THE SAME COUNTY! :roll:

question, i see ladder 78 which is a spare correct? it has a 70 behind the front window where the officer sits, so i guess this was 70?... also i see engine 301 an old mack, which company was using this rig? also 312 had a old mack, i think that have a New ALF engine, must be outa service? and that shows how awesome it is to have a department that can have so many spares put in servie as front line rigs.

As mentioned by others, Engine 307 (Smeal) was using Spare Engine 301 (Ex Engine 308) and Engine 312 (also a Smeal) was using Engine 302 (Ex Engine 310) at the scene. Also, you are correct, it was "Old Home Day" for the members of Ladder 70, as their front line rig (ex Ladder 72) was OOS, and they were using Spare Ladder 78 (Ex Ladder 70), to which they should be used to as it served them well for many years as their front line piece. Also as a side note, when then placed Engine 305 (Sutphen) in service, that was the Old Engine 311 and Old Engine 303 (Boy, everyone in Yonkers thinks that the Sutphens were a bust ! - Just like those old Continential Compacs from the 80's were).

Yea I noticed that, a lot of "old timer rigs" around today.

Also I would like to add that Mount Vernon Engine coverd STA-13.

Clearly they seem to think that Sutphen's are a bust, but they are keeping 314 in service still.......is that up for replacement any time soon?

correct - that rig is next in line for replacement along with 303 and 311

seems like fire season is here in Yonkers.....

311's replacement is going to the Squad, so look for all the extra storage on it, although it really doesnt look like they added any extra gear or stuff to the old rig.