Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What Type Of NYPD ESU Unit Is This?

12 posts in this topic

that i have not really noticed before but i cant even explain what it is. just looks like a bulky rep unit

Maybe Canine. Only because of what looks like a heater/AC unit on the roof of the cab. Otherwise I have no clue.

Guys all most pos that is not a K9 unit. Other than that it looks like a box from a old unit on a newer truck

Police Ambulance? Not.

I guess bomb squad or hazmat REP unit?

I guess bomb squad or hazmat REP unit?

hey seth you might have a point on the hazmat rep as it was responding to an edp with a broken gas pipe.

ESU Haz-mat unit

Guys all most pos that is not a K9 unit. Other than that it looks like a box from a old unit on a newer truck

Side note: NYPD does have/operate an ambulance that I believe is for MOS who are injured and require interfacility txp.

Side note: NYPD does have/operate an ambulance that I believe is for MOS who are injured and require interfacility txp.

Correct, NYPD ESU does operate an amubulance. It can be used by MOS (or immediate family) for transpots up to 250 miles from NYC, as long as one point of the trip is in the city.

ESU has at least two of these units. One is currently unassigned and located at Floyd Bennett Field while the other carries the remote mobile investigator otherwise known as the robot. This one below is assigned to ESS 10

post-3609-1209264994.jpg

post-3609-1209265034.jpg

post-3609-1209265069.jpg