Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Rockland County- Serious MVA involving Regional EMS Ambulance 4-14-08

11 posts in this topic

Wish the best of luck in recovery and all that follows

Best of luck to the injured on a speedy recovery and hopefully return to work as well.

I wonder how it happened?

Best wishes to two MOS involved.

As a sidebar, i find it ironic that there are only 5 replies to this thread. I hate to make comparisons, but if this were an on duty FF or PO this would be 2 pages long and if it wasn't someone would have started a topic about why everyone should post their best wishes.

One would think that a public safety community like this would have the compassion/decency to reach across affiliation lines and do the right thing....looks like i was wrong...

Edited by Goose

As a sidebar, i find it ironic that there are only 5 replies to this thread. I hate to make comparisons, but if this were an on duty FF or PO this would be 2 pages long and if it wasn't someone would have started a topic about why everyone should post their best wishes.

One would think that a public safety community like this would have the compassion/decency to reach across affiliation lines and do the right thing....looks like i was wrong...

This thread is in 'Incident Workshop', meaning that the posts should have something to do directly with the incident itself. If you want to put together a get well soon/condolence thread then post it in the proper forum.

Well Goose, I surely hope you are wrong. I didn't find out about the accident until 4:30 am this morning (oddly enough after bringing a cardiac arrest to Putnam Hospital). I know the MOS more seriously injured and reached out to her and her mother privately and didn't think it was necessary to post on emtbravo to express my compassion. Quite frankly I'm not sure many up here in Orange County knew about the accident; it didn't make The Record and none of the crews that relieved me had heard about it. Both MOS and their families will be in my prayers before I go to bed this morning and I'm sure all MOS regardless of the uniform will be working with heavy hearts today.

P.S. To the person who has the pictures on the Internet, I think it might be best that some of the more graphic pictures be taken down at least for the time being. I had no problem looking at the pictures and I'm really not one to cry, but seeing the blood of a friend and fellow MOS in a picture on the internet while she is very much not out of the woods and clinging to life brought tears to my eye. I know people want to see what happened and at some point it may be educational, but not today.

Truly sad. Hope fully everyone involved will be OK.

As for the investigation, does anyone know or heard if they will release any more details today? I kno whte are pretty well, its not far from where my ex used to live.