Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
99subi

Mohegan Working fire. 4/15/08 pics

14 posts in this topic

Upon My arrival.( i showed a little late. building was fully involved Upon apparatus arrival)

firepicss009.jpg

Ldder 35 doing work

firepicss080.jpg

firepicss079.jpg

firepicss077.jpg

firepicss072.jpg

Edited by 99subi

firepicss070.jpg

Mohegan Firefighters on the hoseline

firepicss014.jpg

Career Mohegan FF on the pump of ladder 35

firepicss003.jpg

firepicss006.jpg

'apperatuss's'

Aperatuss- (Noun)- Ah-Per-Rat-tuss

-Small, furry woodland creature. Indigenous to North America and particularly lake-land regions named for previously native Indian tribes.

Upon My arrival.( i showed a little late. building was fully involved Upon apparatus arrival)

firepicss009.jpg

Ldder 35 doing work

IMHO, the term "fully involved" is used too often and inapproaitly (sp). I see a lot of unburnt wood for "fully involved". I did not hear the onscene report but it looks like it should have been "Heavy Fire on side X"

kool pics icemt21 buchanan cascade is U12 not U18

IMHO, the term "fully involved" is used too often and inapproaitly (sp). I see a lot of unburnt wood for "fully involved". I did not hear the onscene report but it looks like it should have been "Heavy Fire on side X"

In true EMTBravo tradition, swerving the discussion from the original topic .....

Agreed. I thought it was interesting that the initial report I heard was fully involved, 2 story building 30x30, then later someone else gave a report of fire on two sides.

Never the less, it was good to hear something! Often it's just a 10-75 at so and so (or maybe working fire now in plain english) without any further sort of report given on the incident.

It was also interesting to hear a unit (I believe 2261) respond from Valhalla with a 20 minute ETA.

It was also interesting to hear a unit (I believe 2261) respond from Valhalla with a 20 minute ETA.

Thats not that crazy. If he was all ready on the Sprain he wouldn't have to kill it to get to Mohegan. Drove to Mohegan every morning for a few months and always made it in about 25 or 30. Thats going with traffic managing to catch what seemed like every damned light.

Just to clarify...the entire interior of the building (both 1st and 2nd floors) was fully involved on arrival with heavy fire venting from various locations, although the pictures do not show it. The heavy timber held this old barn up from a collapse. The interior sides of the wood siding were heavily charred by the fire, as was the underside of the roof.

was a cause ever determined?? wasn't able to come with MFD because of a prior incident was told to take it easy. boys said they saw it from station 3.

Unsure of cause. Flames/glow could be seen for quite a distance (a few miles) by numerous members responding. More photos at http://www.moheganfire.com/

thanks CG. any pics of the brush fire yet??