Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Chappaqua Soliciting Bids For New Engine

8 posts in this topic

From today's journal news, Chappaqua FD (New Castle Fire District #1) is accepting bids for new pumper through 5/8/08.

Not sure if it is to replace the current E-144 which is a 1974 ALF that was rebuilt in 1994 with a Pierce cab, or possibly for E-145 which is the 1984 Mack with the LDH hosereels.

The last time I recall seeing E145, CFD had 3" hose on that reel. This goes back some time, so I may be wrong. The other two Engines I know have 5".

If i recall correctly from before I left for Florida E-145 was 3in hose reel, E-146 had 2000+ feet of 5in perhaps for a super stretch that they have to make out by Bear Ridge Road and E-144 had a combo of 3in & 5in.

Edited by mfc2257

Surely, someone from Chappaqua who is a member here can elighten us as to what is being replaced.....

I think the hosereel is a cool concept....if they're replacing that, I wonder if the new unit will include a hosereel?

Also, how many times a year does hose from the hosereel get deployed, and how often is it special called for M/A?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum but I've been around the website many times.

I'm in Chappaqua FD. 145 is being replaced, the engine with the 3 in hose reel. It's got an open cab as well. I may be wrong, but I believe it is going to be replaced by a mini attack or something of the sort.

Congrats on your entry from the lurker to poster world, and welcome, lol!

Thank you for the information- seems like smaller is a new trend in Northern Westchester to fit down the long narrow driveways of the many exisiting and newly built estates.

Also, I didn't know it was a 3" hose reel- does Chappaqua use LDH?

Also, I didn't know it was a 3" hose reel- does Chappaqua use LDH?

See my post above.

As a member of the chappaqua fire dept. and a person who has some say about what we are getting i just wanted to let everyone know that eng. 145 is not being replaced. well not yet. eng. 144 is going to be replaced due to its age. eng. 145 is next to go and will more than likely not have a reel on its replacement. due to lack of use. and the need for LDH. but that is a long time from now.