Followers 0
VAEMC

Friendship Night "Jerk Water"

12 posts in this topic

Montrose Fire Department - Cortlandt Engine Co. #1

Jerk Water Night & Dry Down E-122

Come join us for a night of friendship!

Hosted by the Montrose FD Officers

Saturday April 26th, 2008 - 5:00 p.m. - ??

Refreshments & Finger Foods will be served

R.S.V.P by April 16th

914-737-8919

Montrose Fire Department - Cortlandt Engine Co. #1

Jerk Water Night & Dry Down E-122

Come join us for a night of friendship!

Hosted by the Montrose FD Officers

Saturday April 26th, 2008 - 5:00 p.m. - ??

Refreshments & Finger Foods will be served

R.S.V.P ASAP

914-737-8919

WTF is Jerk Water???? Would love to come by, but I have to work!

From what I'm told.. Jerk Water is another term for "Friendship night"

Based on Wikipedia:

Jerkwater (meaning "contemptibly trivial" or "small and insignificant") is the name of an indie rock trio. Formed in 1998, the Brooklyn, NY band includes guitarist Chris Bowers, bassist Steve Christensen and drummer John Connell (a.k.a Johnny Rock), with all members sharing vocal duties.

On April 3, 2001, Love and Latitude, their debut full-length CD was released on Plus Records. Veteran producer and sound engineer Jacques Cohen (Mercury Rev, Hopewell) handled engineering and production at The Space, his recording studio in Poughkeepsie, New York.

As of 2005, Jerkwater was on hiatus as band members pursued other projects, including Kings County Queens and Junior and Sons.

Must be a Montrose Thing... lol :P

I'll Be There!!!

Edited by x648eng119

From what I'm told.. Jerk Water is another term for "Friendship night"

Based on Wikipedia:

Must be a Montrose Thing... lol :P

I'll Be There!!!

hope to see you there terd.

hope to see you there terd.

He'll be there. Anything that involves not actually doing anything and free refreshments is up his alley!!!!

I'll be there with about a half dozen or so from Croton, or as it's been called in your neck of the woods, "The Dirty South." :P

Edited by Remember585

Ifin I remember correctly, "Jerk Water" is an old river term. Montrose used to have Jerkwater Day, it was their Officers Party. I am happy to see it back.

Unfortunatly I cannot be ther to see the boys, I have to go to the Instalation Dinner for my friends from Freeport LI. I'll see my Montrose friends soon. Have a great time!

Hoarh for Montrose! B)

Edited by EJS1810

He'll be there. Anything that involves not actually doing anything and free refreshments is up his alley!!!!

I'll be there with about a half dozen or so from Croton, or as it's been called in your neck of the woods, "The Dirty South." :P

dont forget your camera John.

Hey All,

After you are done working on the lawn, come on by and see E122 and have some food and drink. Spend a nice evening out of the house!

Montrose Officers

"JERKWATER TOWN" This term was from the early days of the Railroad. Years ago on the Hudson Line when the trains were run by steam the trains would stop at the old Montrose RR Station on get water used to run the locomotive. Water was piped from the Petersons pond on Montrose Station RD/Lower Washington St. down to the station. The crews on the train would then use the water for the train to if I am not mistaken to create steam. If some of you might remember in the show Pitticoat Junction a water tower was located next to the tracks where the crews would get the water to run the locomotives also. There used to be a re-print of a newspaper article in the Firehouse staing that Montrose was one of the first towns throughout the USA that used this method. Google Jerkwater and you might see additional info. Hudson

Thanks Jodi, I now remember that is what it stands for,

From thefreedictonary.com

jerk·wa·ter (jûrkwôtr, -wtr)

adj. Informal

1. Remote, small, and insignificant: a jerkwater town.

2. Contemptibly trivial: jerkwater notions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From jerkwater, a branch-line train, so called because its small boiler had to be refilled often, requiring train crews to "jerk" or draw water from streams.]

Hey EJ,

I put some picutres up from the other night. take a look in the photo section at the bottom. Leave me some feedback on what you think.