Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F.A.S.T.

22 posts in this topic

What other departments, besides Yorktown, have F.A.S.T., what is the name of your F.A.S.T. engine. :-k

When 60 dispatches for a FAST team, is that a specific set of members or is it just interior certified FF who end up at the house first?

It is the FAS team, just the members of the team go to the firehouse, additional members may stand-by

PEEKSKILL FD has a FAST

Specific Firefighters that have Specialized Training.

If we have a FAST call ONLY the FAST members respond.

E134 is designated as the FAST Engine,

If E134 is OOS then E130 is back up.

Crew assembles then responds on the apparatus.

OK, "ALS" you can jump in right here.................. lol =D>

Croton as well has a F.A.S. Team

We utilize Engine 119 out of Washington Engine Company for FAST responses. Engine 118 is used as a back up if E-119 is O.O.S.

As like Peekskill FD we have our specific firefighters in our department who are on our FAS Team. They are specially trained in certain fields of firefighting and technical rescue.

As an S.O.P. our team is not allowed to respond without at least 4 members of theFAS Team.

Firefighters not on the FAS Team are not allowed to respond to these specified calls.

We do also a group of probationary FAST members. These fellow firefighters are allowed to respond with the FASTeam only after a certain amount of training with the team. HOWEVER, at no point during the operation do these firefighters don an air-pack or go into the structure if the FASTeam is deployed for an actual rescue operation.

Their soul purpose is to help out the team members responding to the incident at hand. Such jobs include laddering windows, grabbing tools for us, and at best helping the rest of us make a safer fireground for firefighters operating at such an incident.

Other FAS Teams around the area to my knowledge are Bedford Hills, Croton, Dobbs Ferry, Irvington, Millwood, Ossining, Mount Kisco, Lake Mohegan, Yorktown, and Valhalla.

No prob!!!!

any other questions... feel free to ask :wink:

Bedford Hills FAST Team responds with TL-57 and Rescue 10 as the back up if the Tower Ladder is out of service. We have SOP's for operation of the team.

FASTs I know of;

Ardsley uses E165?

Bedford Hills uses TL57

Croton uses E119

Dobbs Ferry uses E47 or E48

Irvington uses R49?

Larchmont uses R1

Millwood uses E248?

Mohegan uses E255 or E258

Mount Kisco uses U13

Sleepy Hollow uses ???

Ossining uses U51 & E98

Peekskill uses E134 or E130

Valhalla uses R9

Yorktown uses E270 or R16

I know some of the career FDs will provide a FAST too, unsure which and what rig(s) they use. I also believe the Montrose VA will provide an "initial RIT" of 2 or 3 until a larger unit can be deployed. Perhaps a VAFD alumni or member can hit on this....

PORT CHESTER IS IN THE PROCESS OF IMPLEMENTING A JOINT

TEAM W/PURCHASE FD. PLANS ARE IN PLACE TO USE R-40 &

"NEW" U-65.

U-65 WAS DONATED,VERY GRACIOUSLY,FROM PURCHSED FD.

(OLD R-30)

Nothing against the "Five-Seven" or BHFD, (trust me, I have a lot of respect for you guys) but I don't particualarly agree with stripping the only truck in that area for FAST calls. God forbid something big goes down in that area, say all the way out in the east end of Bedford (Village) you have to wait on Mt Kisco, Yorktown, Somers, or Banksville to get out there. And even worse would be an incident in Vista, or Goldens Bridge. Granted, New Cannan or another CT. Dept could come in, but that truck is in a prime location to cover that area of the county with the lack of ladders.

Our (Millwood) F.A.S.T. rig is E-247. Usually R-36 is our backup because it is parked directly next to E247 at Station 1 and it only takes one FF to transfer the equipment to place E-247 o/o/s. But E-248 is a near twin to E-247 from an equipment standpoint. It would require very little to place it into service as a backup F.A.S.T rig if it were moved to station 1.

I think I got confused between E247 & E248 because of their similarities. Thanks for the update, same to the PCFD gang.

Glad to see so many posting about F.A.S. Teams.....Remember 585 started a thread a while back about what equipment area teams bing with them. Unfortunatly, I dont think anyone other than he posted an equipment list.....If you have some time find the thread and add your department to it. It is very valuable info to know what is coming when you call.

http://emtbravo.just5buckshosting.com/phpB...opic.php?t=1157

Ardsley uses E-164 currently for FAST calls. AFD is currently in the process of training most of its members in FAST ops. Most have basic FAST training, but not advanced.

Does anyone know which FAST does the most runs on an annual basis?

In the area that is.....

I gotta say that Ossining or Bedford are running most often these days. Just a hunch though.

Who knows though it could be you guys... You've had a decent amount of jobs this year.

I think we have had a dozen or so this year, I'm sure there is a local team that runs more than we do. We probably do 3 times more drills than runs. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)