Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest MVFD334

Pilot made man sit on toilet for 3 hours.

16 posts in this topic

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/J/JET...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

NEW YORK (AP) -- A New York City man is suing JetBlue Airways Corp. for more than $2 million because he says a pilot made him give up his seat to a flight attendant and sit on the toilet for more than three hours on a flight from California.

As I was reading this, the new JetBlue commercial was playing in the background so Id figured I share.

I don't understand why the flight attendant had to sit in his seat.

I don't understand why the flight attendant had to sit in his seat.

The story I heard on the TV last night said that he was flying on standby, and a flight attendant gave up her seat so he could sit down, and she opted to sit in one of the fold-away jump seats. Apparently the seat wasn't as comfortable as she thought, and she requested her seat back, and then the pilot told the man to "hang out in the bathroom".

Was it right? Well, I guess that is up for the courts to decide.

The story I heard on the TV last night said that he was flying on standby, and a flight attendant gave up her seat so he could sit down, and she opted to sit in one of the fold-away jump seats. Apparently the seat wasn't as comfortable as she thought, and she requested her seat back, and then the pilot told the man to "hang out in the bathroom".

Was it right? Well, I guess that is up for the courts to decide.

2 MILLION........ no way but he will be compensated once they offered him that seat he was no longer on standby..

<_< He was a paying customer not to mention the rules that were broken after all there is no seat belt on the throne........

What's the big deal? I've spent upwards of 30 minutes on the throne, but that's usually with the latest Firehouse or Fire Engineering magazine, or lately I've been reading Frank Montanga's "Responding to 'Routine' Emergencies."

What's the big deal? I've spent upwards of 30 minutes on the throne, but that's usually with the latest Firehouse or Fire Engineering magazine, or lately I've been reading Frank Montanga's "Responding to 'Routine' Emergencies."

Whats the big deal? The bathroom has no seat belts and is no where I want to be when the fecal matter hits the fan...cause than the fecal matter will be all over me!! :rolleyes: (JK, )

The article stated that they encountered turbulence and all passengers were required to return to their seats and buckle their seat belts...What belt was this dude supposed to use? Toilet Paper? I think the airlines were wrong, the flight attendant should have remained in her employee jump seat, shes getting paid, isnt she? So she sits in the seat provided for the employees. If they are uncomfortable than they ( Flight Attendants) should take it up with the airlines and get better seats provided for them, not kick out a passenger and send them to the "head" for the flight without seat belts. It was dangerous. The pilot probably has a "Thing" for this flight attendant and so she got her way.

Yet another reason why I wouldn't fly on Jet Blue if they gave me a free ticket. Their customer service is possibly the worst I have ever experienced.

Why did he agree to it in the first place? :rolleyes:

Worst case scenario, I would have taken the uncomfortable jump seat, whether they liked it or not. The jump seat is only for employees but the toilet is a better alternative? Give me a break.

It sounds like the guy was flying on a free ticket too. You know that program is going to get shut down now due to this incident. Its like most things, a company will have little perks here and there and all it takes is someone to whine or complain. Then *POOF* its gone, no more perk.

I was gonna say as well that either the guy needs to pick out better reading material or he's a little slow on the upbeat or fat and ugly, or the flight attendant wasn't female being any savvy guy would have offerred for her to sit on his lap...lol.

585...that's the one of the books I recommend to all my students and colleagues along with Vinnie Dunn's Collapse of Burning Buildings. As for myself...right now I'm reading "6 Degrees." Interesting and a bit disturbing at the same time.

you work at 60 control right? if you're gonna spend 30 min on the throne, they might want to add some communications to the bathrooms...if they don't already!

I feel like there has to be more to this story.

There is more to the story. None of it makes sense and i'm trying to get more info.

My FT job is with Jetblue (not a flight attendant) and there is no way that this went on as he said it did. There are three sides to every story and the media is running with just one side of it.

Give it time and the truth will come out.

Little does he know that Jetblue is the only airline with CCTV in the cabin. Let's go to the video tape!

Sorry, I flat out don't believe the guy. Sounds like a really good story!

Hey Dave, that's Op #5A.... "The Throne."

i knew it! :lol: