Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Foam Units In Westchester County?

15 posts in this topic

Can anyone name all of the Active Foam Units within Westchester County (as well as those that were in place but are no longer in service, due to budget cuts)?

I believe Fairview FD has a county owned foam trailer.

I don't know if your looking for foam trailers or what but....

Montrose VA Engine 225 has a 100 gal. foam tank and around the pump porportioner.

If you are asking in the form of a trivia question about dedicated foam units that are only in service to serve as a foam rig... I don't know.

If you are asking to find out who has major foam capability....

To my knowledge... The Airport, Millwood, Fairview via the county trailer... all have major foam capability.

I know that Briarcliff has one engine with an on board proportioning system. I believe Chappaqua E-146 does as well... I'm sure there are many more departments that have engines or mini-attacks with foam on them...

There is a big difference though compared to being able to set up a major foam operation with 8 or more lines in service for exended periods of time. The airport and us (Millwood) are the only ones that can do this as of right now on a major initial attack basis to my knowledge. I believe the County trailer can do this too.... BUT it takes time to put it into service.

Croton's E118 has a 100 gallon foam tank and a proportioner throughout.

It's a great rig, too bad it's forgotten when it's needed...

Yonkers has a foam rig out of Station 13

Fairview has the county trailer and also Eng 174 has a CAF system

Mount Vernon's foam 1 has been out of service for over 5 years now,a foam unit has been stationed at fulton ave Station #2 because of the gasoline terminals located on the south side of the city. Somewhere in the "very" near future a foam unit will be put back into service at Sta#2. The unit is an oshkosh CFR truck which carrys 1500 gals of water and 180 gals of foam which can be discharged from a roof turret or bumper turret or a handline. Hopefully it will be available soon once the unit is aquired,crews trained, and additional equipment(radio's etc) installed.

Mount Vernon's foam 1 has been out of service for over 5 years now,a foam unit has been stationed at fulton ave Station #2 because of the gasoline terminals located on the south side of the city. Somewhere in the "very" near future a foam unit will be put back into service at Sta#2. The unit is an oshkosh CFR truck which carrys 1500 gals of water and 180 gals of foam which can be discharged from a roof turret or bumper turret or a handline. Hopefully it will be available soon once the unit is aquired,crews trained, and additional equipment(radio's etc) installed.

Really? This would definetly be an awesme addition to the fleet, it could probaly also be first due to some strutures in the city. Is it going to be new, used, or stolen? And what is the timeline?

The Last Foam Unit Active In Mount Vernon was their Mack B Series converted pumper, see ( http://www.nycfire.net/messar/gallery/apparatus/foam) that was stationed at Station 2 (Fulton Avenue), as previous post mentioned, it IS needed down on the south side, with all of the Gasoline and Oil Tanks in the area. WHY Mount Vernon disbanded it is BEYONE BELIEF. What did Mount Vernon do with the Old 67 Mack B?

no, if you look closely, the closing parenthesis is part of the address and it shouldnt be. so you can click on it, and then delete the parenthesis press enter and it will take you to the correct page.

Pelham Engine 5, formerly Engine 4 had a 40 gallon foam tank with mixing capabilities. Foam was taken out of the tank due to lack of usage and the concentrate gelling up.

Airport 7, Airport 11, and Airport 17 all have major foam producing capabilities...and the airport has a large stockpile of foam. Too bad they're always overlooked during tanker incidents, etc.

E-140 out of Golden's Bridge has 100 gallons of on-board foam and an around-the-pump foam system that can discharge foam through any outlet.