Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SgtGumby311

Do FD's around the county do this?

6 posts in this topic

During the past week, I've been reading in the Journal News, articles about various PD's honoring their Officer's. Do FD's around the county do this as well? Excuse my ignorance if they do, I don't really follow FD to closely.

I am sure career departments do it with all the pomp and circumstance. I think Volunteer Department do it a lot more informally.

During the past week, I've been reading in the Journal News, articles about various PD's honoring their Officer's. Do FD's around the county do this as well? Excuse my ignorance if they do, I don't really follow FD to closely.

most career depts do. Often in October (fire prevention week/month)

I do know that East Fishkill does awards and recognitions for Officers, outstanding members, etc. Usually at the Inspection dinner every year. They do Officer of the Year, Firefighter of the Year, Rescue Member of the Year, and assorted others...

I know most vollie depts. do this at their annual inspection.

I know during the westchester county convention parade weekend in Westchester County with who ever is hosting the parade that year will honor the Firefighter of the YEAR that is picked from the one submited to WCVFA website