Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pleasantville Detective Suspended

14 posts in this topic

PLEASANTVILLE — A village police detective has been suspended after criticizing the Westchester District Attorney's Office's handling of a convicted felon who is suspected in a string of recent burglaries.

Article

another great story of politics getting in the way...

Edited by vacguy

You can be suspended for speaking? Wow, I missed that one...

This Detective Sargarent is one of the most respectred police officers that I know. If any of you live in Pleasentville please take a stand with him and get his name cleared. Write the newspaper --write the Village-- write the Police chief--stand with this officer he is truly one of the nicest guys you want to meet.

thank you

This Detective Sargarent is one of the most respectred police officers that I know. If any of you live in Pleasentville please take a stand with him and get his name cleared. Write the newspaper --write the Village-- write the Police chief--stand with this officer he is truly one of the nicest guys you want to meet.

thank you

i have met him, but do not know him personally, but for being the media liaison, stating facts and opinions is apart of the job, ESPECIALLY when you deal with scumbags like this theif.

i just hope the media makes this Det. look good instead of a monster

Edited by vacguy

Oh yes, you can. You can't be a civil servant who cares AND a citizen, apparently.

Does the 1st ammendment go out the window when you become a police officer? Apparently in Westchester it does... I read the article that led up to Det. Bonura's suspension, and was thinking to myself, finally someone has the nerve to speak the truth. Maybe it's time for the D.A. to stop cutting sweetheart deals for career criminals.

D.A. Difiore really dropped the ball with all of the plea deals. Kudos to the Detective for speaking the truth. If the people of Westchester are lucky, the D.A. won't get re-elected next time - someone who's actually tough on crime will get into office.

thank you

Amen!!!!!!

30 Prior Arrests?

Yes, THIRTY!

NICE!!!

Best of luck to you Detective!

Just incase you need this:

Jonathan Lovett

Lovett & Gould

222 Bloomingdale Road - Suite 305

White Plains, NY 10605

(914) 428-8401

how can the DA's office let a piece of s*** like this guy go AGAIN!! it seems like they have no interest in justice. If the avg person makes a "mistake" we are crucified, but scum bag career criminals like this seem to just get to walk. Maybe its just me, but where is the justice for the people that he has wronged? and how many 'chances' do we give people?

When you are speaking on behalf of the Department in an official capacity, YES, you certainly can. According to the first article he was acting as the Department's "media liaison". If that wasn't the message that he was supposed to deliver, there are quite likely going to be problems.

It is different than if he had written a letter as a "concerned citizen" or simply was identified as a member of the agency.

Please note that I am not defending the action, nor do I agree with it, but that is probably how this all came to be.

Hmmmm..... Maybe if one of the crime victim's was a D.A. then this guy would be in jail instead of being on the street.

Hmmmm..... Maybe if one of the crime victim's was a D.A. then this guy would be in jail instead of being on the street.

nah, he'd just be sentenced to purchase a Hallmark card and write her an apology.