Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaRock98

Bedford called for LZ

16 posts in this topic

Anyone know what happened I guess in the Bedford area? The requested them to set up a landing zone but I haven't heard what it was for?? Anyone know??

Anyone know what happened I guess in the Bedford area? The requested them to set up a landing zone but I haven't heard what it was for?? Anyone know??

50 year old male severe burns from hot water.

ohh ok thank you I heard the ems call go out but my scanner was breaking up a lot so I didn't hear the actual request from the crew. Thank You.

ohh ok thank you I heard the ems call go out but my scanner was breaking up a lot so I didn't hear the actual request from the crew. Thank You.

No Problem, Bro!

I really hate to beat a dead horse, but how much packaging time did this guy need? Best case scenario 10 minutes to Bedford, 10 minutes to asses and transfer, and another 10 back to WMC. Bedford to Kensico Plaza via 117 is 40 minutes and Pleasantville to Katonah Bar and Grill is 20. Why the bird?

Why Fight Traffic, Red Lights, And Possiable Other MVA's In Your Way. When You Can Fly Them. Also, Sometimes They Are Gonna Go Somewhere Farther Away. I Am Guessing Flown To Westchester. But Alot Of Times They Fly Them To One Hospital Stabilize Them, Then Fly Them Somewhere Else. I Always Heard A Say, "When In Doubt, Fly Them Out."

Thomas

I really hate to beat a dead horse, but how much packaging time did this guy need? Best case scenario 10 minutes to Bedford, 10 minutes to asses and transfer, and another 10 back to WMC. Bedford to Kensico Plaza via 117 is 40 minutes and Pleasantville to Katonah Bar and Grill is 20. Why the bird?

Maybe they didnt feel like wasting resources at one hospital and just cut out the middle man and took him straight to WMC??

I think what he was referring to was the fact that there is no place in the bedford area more than 25 minutes from wcmc. By the time you package, drive to the LZ, tranfer to the flight crew (who futzs around for 15 minutes) then fly them out you could have been at the medical center twice without the risks and costs associated with the bird.

I agree that the patient may need the burn center, but no need for the bird. I've made the trip down the Saw Mill from Kisco in 13 minutes. Sometimes the bird is a need sometimes it's a want. Sometimes someone may NEED it more than we WANT it.

Why Fight Traffic, Red Lights, And Possiable Other MVA's In Your Way. When You Can Fly Them. Also, Sometimes They Are Gonna Go Somewhere Farther Away. I Am Guessing Flown To Westchester. But Alot Of Times They Fly Them To One Hospital Stabilize Them, Then Fly Them Somewhere Else. I Always Heard A Say, "When In Doubt, Fly Them Out."

Thomas

Thats a pretty stupid saying if you ask me. The bird is a limited resource that fulfills a very narrow and defined purpose. Likewise, it should never be abused. Lets not forget that the birds are also used for critical care inter facility transports and those patients are just as entitled to the resource. Calling in a chopper = a multi thousand dollar bill. It would suck to be whacked with that sorta bill on top of the usual ER fees only to have, oh lets say...a broken arm or dislocated shoulder. But hey, when in doubt fly them out, right? Wrong. Good clinical judgment needs to be applied to any incident in which a chopper is even considered.

How much is the bill for the bird?? Anyone know the real cost?

Thats a pretty stupid saying if you ask me. The bird is a limited resource that fulfills a very narrow and defined purpose. Likewise, it should never be abused. Lets not forget that the birds are also used for critical care inter facility transports and those patients are just as entitled to the resource. Calling in a chopper = a multi thousand dollar bill. It would suck to be whacked with that sorta bill on top of the usual ER fees only to have, oh lets say...a broken arm or dislocated shoulder. But hey, when in doubt fly them out, right? Wrong. Good clinical judgment needs to be applied to any incident in which a chopper is even considered.

It Might Be A Stupid Saying, But That Is What I Have Heard Before. Not Saying I Am Going To Do It, But If It Is Need Then I Will Use Them. Also, If It Was Me I Would Rather Be Flown And Worry About The Bill Later. Then Be Stuck In Traffic In Rush Hour And Possiable Never Be Eble To Walk Or Move My Arms Or Legs. And That Is Just My OPINION.

Thomas

It Might Be A Stupid Saying, But That Is What I Have Heard Before. Not Saying I Am Going To Do It, But If It Is Need Then I Will Use Them. Also, If It Was Me I Would Rather Be Flown And Worry About The Bill Later. Then Be Stuck In Traffic In Rush Hour And Possiable Never Be Eble To Walk Or Move My Arms Or Legs. And That Is Just My OPINION.

Thomas

You don't call for a chopper because it's rush hour or because it's a perceived faster method of transport (often it's not). This mentality is why you have Stat flight called for standby on every freaking MVA.

As far as the price one of the flight nurses once told me ~$10,000.00 just to land the thing...

You don't call for a chopper because it's rush hour or because it's a perceived faster method of transport (often it's not). This mentality is why you have Stat flight called for standby on every freaking MVA.

As far as the price one of the flight nurses once told me ~$10,000.00 just to land the thing...

im sorry this is why who has Stat Flight on standy by for every MVA... its 5,000 and change a trip

First, Isn't It Life Net And Not STAT Flight. Could Be Wrong. Second, Who Has A Medevac On Stand By For Every MVA? I Can't Find That In The IA Forum. If it were a Serious MVA, that Would Be My Opinion On That.

Thomas