Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LTNRFD

Get the Roof

10 posts in this topic

those guys are luckey that the roof did not let go when they were up there becuse you saw the fire under them

those guys are luckey that the roof did not let go when they were up there becuse yopu saw the fire under them

-What you saw is a vent hole doing what it's supposed to do- Vent the fire !! No problem.

i was just saying how the fire was coming out from under the roof in the front of the house which kinda ment the the fire was under them. dont you think?

[Great Job venting the roof, makes it a lot easier for the guys inside advancing a line. The roof would remain stable ,the fire showing at the edge is probably because of old baloon construction ,not the total roof on fire

i was just saying how the fire was coming out from under the roof in the frount of the house which kinda ment the the fire was under them. dont you think?

If there wasn't fire or high heat under them why would they be venting the roof in the first place? This is an excellent text book vertical vent of balloon frame construction, stick built roof. The fire showing from the vent hole is a compliment to the roof guys for an excellent cut. If you watch the video, I'm not sure that the fire was coming out of the eave line, it looked like the decking material they pulled flared up after it slides down into the gutter. I believe at around the 44 second mark you can even hear someone on the interior telling command that they need the roof opened up.

Good point to bring up the baloon construction, good job on the vent..

Another point about this video. As soon as the vent hole was opened, command ordered the roof cleared. The truckies did the task at hand and got off the roof. The fire vented, interior guys got much needed relief inside, fire was put out and everyone goes home. Life is good!!!!

Maybe the fire flare ups down at the eaves were from the roof/decking being knocked back in sides the structure... once the hole was open ( even a small amount ) the chimney effect took place and heat/smoke/fire vented through the roof, as they banged the hole cuts into the attic, the flow of h/s/f was slowed ( blocked ) forcing the fire to flare up below and find a way out...

maybe...

Another point about this video. As soon as the vent hole was opened, command ordered the roof cleared. The truckies did the task at hand and got off the roof. The fire vented, interior guys got much needed relief inside, fire was put out and everyone goes home. Life is good!!!!

I'm surprised they needed to be told to come down. Once the roof is opened the crew should be egressing anyways to start other truck functions. It was a text book cut though, good job.