Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monty

Posting to 'Regional And National Incidents And Issues'

5 posts in this topic

Is there something I'm missing? I posted in the 'Regional And National Incidents And Issues' forum about the Utica Brewery fire. I was going to add a reply or edit the post to add a link (http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com/) to some online pictures.

However, I can't reply or even edit the post despite being the original poster. Am I missing something, or maybe there's a configuration issue?

Thanks - Monty.

Monty,

You cannot reply to an incident post on this forum but you can edit your post. There is a section called the Incident Workshop where you can post photos and hold a discussion on incidents that were posted. This was done to keep the incidents alerts section smaller and also from preventing an older alert from poping up over a newer incident that was occuring. It is set up to act like a pager alert basically. The discussions and photos can be posted in the Incident Workshop and also you can create a link to the alert in your post as well.

Hopefully this answers your question

Izzy

EMTBravo Help Desk

Thanks Izzy,

Doesn't really answer the question, but that's OK :) I think maybe there was a 'temporary glitch' maybe on my end. In the same forum 'Los Angeles, CA-Major Emergency Structure Fire Universal Studios', has a bunch of replies - and now I can bring up the reply function. Although I still don't see the 'edit' option. Not sure what it means, but it does have a f_norm_no_dot.gif icon which is different from the others and may or may not mean anything.

Monty.

You know I read your post wrong Monty, sorry about that. If it under the "Local Forums" where you were trying to post like the regional and National Issues, you should be able to post a reply there. Do me a favor, punch a trouble ticket for the help desk explaining exactly what you were doing and we'll try an figure it out.

There was an error with the reply permissions involved for that particular forum, Seth fixed that problem, but pre-existing posts there still might still be affected.