Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Radio Rebroadcast Mode On Sirens?

5 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone out there uses the radio rebroadcast mode on their sirens? If so, how and when do you use it?

Well, I remember a certain PD agency, that falls between Ossining and Cortlandt, :rolleyes:, one particular Sgt would do the evening traffic post at the Croton Train Station, and he would put the radio on "scan" and place the siren on radio rebroadcast to sound busier!

I personally have never really used it...

Well, I remember a certain PD agency, that falls between Ossining and Cortlandt, :rolleyes:, one particular Sgt would do the evening traffic post at the Croton Train Station, and he would put the radio on "scan" and place the siren on radio rebroadcast to sound busier!

I personally have never really used it...

I use it if I'm out of the car and not carrying a portable. It comes in handy.

We do not use it during an incident since the whole feedback issue. But when we are away from the truck doing a drill it comes in handy.

Many years ago in Yonkers we would put the radio on the PA so we could hear dispatch calling us if we were out of the ambulance. When the locals complained about the noise, the company disconnected the radios from the PAs. Then we put a rubberband around the PA mic and hung it over the radio speaker. Now that everyone has a portable, the PA feature isn't used very often.

Do the BLS crews in Yonkers have portables yet?