Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wrong Way Driver On I-287 6-12-08

8 posts in this topic

I wonder how often this happens and people DON'T get caught. Personally, I think there's way too many drunk drivers out there, and not enough cops. I'd like to see NYS give more funding to Westchester County PD for ground and aerial anti-DWI operations if they're going to skimp on troopers (which I believe are spread very thin at times in the Lower Hudson Valley region). Place a tax on alcohol or larger DWI fines to help fund this.

Maybe if they sporadically sealed off major exits from White Plains on a Friday or Saturday night with checkpoints, it would get more people to think twice.

Place a tax on alcohol or larger DWI fines to help fund this.

Another tax to burdon the American people? I can't say that I agree with you here. We need to be much more conservative with our public dollars. Revoke the offenders license for life. No second chances. There are people with 3 DWI convictions still legally driving out there. Lets start by making better use of the laws that are already on the books.

You can revoke all the licenses in the world but some folks will just keep on driving,drunk or sober, until they get caught .Ther are more reports of arrest for supended or non licencesed in the local news than ever

I wonder how often this happens and people DON'T get caught.

i was on rt 9 right in peekskill on that skinny bridge when all of a sudden a red civic comes the wrong way. i couldnt belive it everyone stopped and we watched this person make a u turn in the middle of the road and go the right way.

Unfortunately this is happening all to often lately

It's not just lately. This has been happening ever since we created divided highways. Whether caused by impairment, stupidity, inattention, age, unfamiliarity with the area, or anything else, wrong way drivers are always going to pop up.

Just look at any Long Island news paper it happens all the time out on LI. South Jersey has a good amount of this as well with people get on the Parkway.

Edited by CPAGE