Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Ultimate Factories On Nat Geo: Pierce Fire Apparatus 6-19-08

7 posts in this topic

Heads up:

National Geographic Channel to spotlight Pierce Manufacturing

Submitted by Mark on Fri, 06/13/2008.

The National Geographic Channel's documentary program Ultimate Factories will shine a spotlight on local fire apparatus maker Pierce Manufacturing on June 19th at 8:00 PM. According to its website, the program "takes you inside [Pierce's] mammoth 800,000 square foot operation, where over 1,500 highly skilled workers mix muscle and high-tech tools to create made-to-order rigs in approximately 45 days."

The show will be repeated June 19th at 11:00 PM, June 21st at 5:00 PM, and June 26th at 4:00 PM. Information and photos from the episode can be found on National Geographic Channel's website here. The program is rated TV-G and is available on both the standard and HD versions of the National Geographic Channel.

http://www.foxcitiestv.com/node/889

Bump for tonight.

I really liked this show. I think it was good to see how something we use everyday is made. But I did have a couple of questions that maybe you all can help me with.

How did they keep a tiller straight while making a left hand turn?

Does Pierce or any other fire apparatus allow tours for the public?

I saw San Diego and Las Vegas on there. Was anyone's fire truck, or self on there?

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Damn Missed it ANyone know if it will repeat ?

Sat. 6/21 at 1800 or 6 pm

Thurs. 6/26 at 1700 or 5 pm

A member of PORT CHESTER rescue 40's truck com. back in 1994 moved to APPLETON after he liked what he saw out there. He has been working for Pierce ever since. That is his wife putting on the gold leaf. :rolleyes: