Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja3kfd

12/24/04 Jimmy Boy Update and Announcement

28 posts in this topic

Hello all

Well as of yesterday Jimmy has succesfully had 16 treatments, this has been one of the most nerve racking experinces of our lives.

Through the Somers Italian American Club,Friends of Karen,Teresa Reda of Somers School Dist. , all thr Somers School Dist. Teachers and other donators We were able to have the family together for 5 days in Calif. and let me tell you ALL the Kids were so happy to see Gina and Jimmy they were litterly trembling when they laid eyes on each other. Little Jimmy was ear to ear smiles when he saw them.

We had two great days at Disney then we spent 2 days just being with each other. Well we are home know as I had to pick up Jessi at Cape Cod for Christmas Break, Hey I did coast to coast in 24 hrs.

Well I can not thank everyone enough, I am trully honored to be a member of this site and also having so many of you behind me and my family.

Two More Things:

1 WE have Bracelets we are selling as a Fund Raiser for Jimmy

They Say:

Just Imagine Making Miracles Yours That stands for JIMMY

1 forr 3.00 2 for 5.00

2. I have been talking to people about Having a Little Parade for Jimmy and Gina when we fly back from Calif.we will probably be home around 1/28/05 but I dont think i will be able to organize it all so any one have some time they want to help me out???

Let me know

Merry Christmas and Everyone slow down a minute tell someone you Love Them

Good to hear that you are back. I hope your family, even though you guys are spread out on both coasts, has a wonderful holiday!

AFD65, I talked with JA3KFD last night, more details about purchasing of the bracelets should be available next week.

As far as the parade goes, I definetly think that is something that could be accomplished. I'm sure several people could send a chiefs car or apparatus.

Hey Guys

2533 and my wife pulled off the best Christmas Suprise ever

Martin pulled up at approx. 1000 Hrs this morning with Gina and Jimmy boy in the car what a suprise it is great having them home the 2 best presents are in Purdys in my house plus jimmy has had treatment 16 so bsically they are 1/2 way point. Yes this a great weekend and Christmas in the Arena House Merry Christmas and more details will be set up after they leave about bracelets.

Merry Christmas

Brewster fire is on board for the "parade" more like a welcome home and congrads.

Lets make sure this happens with ful force

i will talk to my chief about sending something

Hey Guys 

2533 and my wife pulled off the best Christmas Suprise ever 

Martin pulled up at approx. 1000 Hrs this morning with Gina and Jimmy boy in the car what a suprise it is great having them home the 2 best presents are in Purdys in my house plus jimmy has had treatment 16 so bsically they are 1/2 way point. Yes this a great weekend and Christmas in the Arena House Merry Christmas and more details will be set up after they leave about bracelets.

Merry Christmas

What an AWESOME Christmas suprise and treat for everyone! Martin has such a huge heart, as do many of the FF/EMS proffesionals in this county, and we all should have suspected he would help in pulling something like this!

well glad to hear jimmy is doing good.were can you buy those braclets?will someone be posting pictures of the parade for jimmy?

when is the parade goin to be? on 1/25 or around there

im sure u guys will be keeping us all up to date on when the parade will be right? i would love to attened

Ya keep us all posted about a parade, i am sure i can get somethign from hartsdale up there as well

talk to my chief today just need a date and prob can have a car from ardsley there

Hello all I am in Calif and will be here thru New Years Day

E mail me about bracelets if you want one and also a phone number so I can contact you my e mail address is ja3kfd@aol.com please give me a few days as Iam not home yet and I need to Return Jessica to Cape Cod on Sunday after that we will be able to move the bracelets out Thank You for all the support.

Happy New Years to you all and be safe

Jim,Gina and Jimmy boy Arena

Well its New Years eve, I am getting ready to fly back to NY tonight,I will be leaving Calif for approx. 2 weeks, JImmy seems to be doing much better,he is eating like crazy today he has eaten 5 ham sandwiches,he is talking much clearer. He has lost a lot of hair so today we shaved it all off, I was going to do the same thing but my drivers liscence shows me with long hair so I do not want any problems at airport. We moved to a diffrent apt. yesterday and he seems to be having no reactions to anything anymore which has made Gina and I very happy. We should be done and leaving Calif.on the 21st. of January.

We wish you all a safe and Happy New Year

Glad to know that Little Feller is doing much better! Hope things continue in that direction. Happy New Year to you all Look forward to seeing everybody back in NY on a permanent basis!

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Subj: Updated Information

Date: 1/1/2005 5:39:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

To: GinaArena

BCC: JA3KFD

Well, as most of you know, I came home with Jimboy for Christmas. Jimboy's reactions disappeared while we were home. Definitely the condo in CA. We were unable to get a flight back on Monday night so returned on Tuesday night. Daddy Jim came with us because we had a lay over in Phoenix, and it was a good thing he did because the flights were delayed because of weather. What an extremely bumpy ride from Phoenix to Ontario, CA. Anyway, we then realized we were at the wrong terminal compared to where the car was, and we walked about a mile in extremely heavy rain. There were tornado warnings we found out later. I put my coat over the stroller, Jimboy never got wet, but Jim and I were a different story. We really had a good laugh. It is nice to enjoy the things in a different light. These things really don't bother us anymore. So, back to the condo we went, to ants that had taken over the place, and Jimboy starting to have another reaction. We figured out that they probably also bombed the place to get rid of the ants. Wonder why he was having such bad reactions. The next day for treatment, packed up the condo, signed new paperwork for new place, moved in that night and Jimboy has been great ever since. All three of us spent quality time together until Jim's departure on New Year's Eve and landed at 8:20 am on New Year's Day. I am sure the girls were thrilled to see him. He will bring Jessica back to school on Sunday, January 2nd. Jimboy and I miss him very much, along with the family. Before Jim left Jimboy ate 7 ham sandwiches throughout the day. Making up for lost time - yes SEVEN.

So, here we sit again, with 15 more treatments to go, which puts us at about January 21st, the day before the one year diagnosis anniversary - how strange. We do not receive mail here, only packages from UPS or Fed Ex. If you want to send mail you can send it to the old address until January 10. Our new delivery address is Rosewood Apts., 26238 Redlands Blvd., #111, Loma Linda, CA 92354.

Our new phone number (CALL ANYTIME) is (909)796-1842.

Much love to you and your Family and God Bless you all always, Gina & Jimboy

PS. shaved his head yesterday - looks adorable - i will send a picture soon

In case nobody else saw it, Jimmy Boy was featured in this past issue of the WCVFA newsletter!!

Glad to see things are going well. Happy New Year!

Hello

I am back from running coast to coast, THE BRACELETS ARE KNOW FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 for 3.00 2 for 5.00

E mail me at ja3kfd@aol.com

Cell phone is 914 403 1871

A posting will be up with the image as soon as Seth get's back I am unable to load it onto site

Thank You and hopefully I can Move them out

Actually there are two stories about Jimmy in

The Westchester Volunteer one on page 15 about Jimmy being voted in as an HonoraryMember and again on page21 about the Candlelight Vigil that was held for him the night before his last surgery.It is a picture of most of his sisters.

Do Not forget the bracelets

-----------------

Forwarded Message:

Subj: Update 01/10/05

Date: 1/10/2005 7:03:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

To: GinaArena

BCC: JA3KFD

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would write to let you know that we are okay. There is a lot of flooding here, and the pool outside our new condo will be overflowing soon. I would not expect anything less. Kim Brown flew out on Friday night to stay a week with me. So far we have not left the condo because it has been pouring for about four days. Just so you know, the normal rainfall here is 15.7" from July to July. Since Christmas Day we have had 20.5" of rain. The mudslides have been horrible - a lot of people trapped, although we are not near them, just watching on the news is devastating. Thank goodness we are towards the center of the valley, and we just go to the hospital in the morning for treatment. It should get nice out again tomorrow afternoon. So far, flooding, earthquake, mudslides and ten feet of snow in the mountains above us, since I have been here, but you know us, we just keep on a truckin.

So, we are down to 9 more treatments!!!!! I can't believe it. I will be sad to say goodbye to all our nurses and doctors here. It is one thing when you know you can go visit anytime. This road has brought me this way, and I have learned a lot about a lot of different things since I have been here. We will be flying home on Sunday, Jan. 23rd to JFK at 8:20 am. I can't say enough, I can't believe it.

Please continue your prayers and love. We are so thankful to all of you. I love you all, and please, please, please tell those you love how much you love them - life can change in an instant.

Love you all, Gina & Jimboy

well good luck and ill say prayer.

ATTENTION: THE COUNTDOWN IS ON.

(COUNT EM),

TREATMENTS TO GO.

Hello All,

We are all doing well out here in Sunny California. Kimmy suntanned today, and got a little sunburn. She leaves tonight at midnight, and Jimboy and I will miss her immensly. It was a blast acting like I was 20 again.

Big Jim will be flying out tomorrow night, and we will be finishing up here and coming home. It will be an emotional goodbye.

I have heard that there will be coming home festivities. . . I will let you all know when I know the details, in case you want to join in.

I love you all and can't wait to touch ground in NY. That ride from the airport will be the longest journey of my entire trip. God Bless you each and every one. My life is filled with joy because you are all in it.

I love you, Gina & Jimboy

That's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Great to hear things are moving along nicely. I'm really looking forward to seeing you! Have a SAFE trip home!!!!!

Is there anything new with regards to the parade?

I will post info I have to get in touch with Chief Byrnes I know we will be home 1/23/05 our return flight lands at JFK at 0830 so we should be home around 1000 hrs. My Sister in law will be getting ballons and a banner for the house. I will be at Elmsford Seminar today selling bracelets, I leave tonight at about 1730 so i will post info when i get to Calif.

well good luck and look forward to seeing pictures posted on this website =D> =D> =D> =D> :D:D