Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pfdfirefighter01

Jet Blue to decrease flight out of Stewart

17 posts in this topic

from poughkeepsiejournal.com

JetBlue to decrease flights out of Stewart

By Craig Wolf

NEW WINDSOR – JetBlue Airways is downsizing its service at Stewart International Airport, the carrier confirmed today.

Link to full article

Makes you wonder whose next to drop flights or go out of business. Its only going to get worse. I was wondering why my flights were changed to leaving later in the morning in Oct, and coming back earlier from Orlando. The airports are not doing good at all. Hopefully, jet blue doesnt change thier flight from Westchester. Otherwise, my vacation is going to be alot shorter than wanted.

Edited by jack10562
Source Site Copyright Notice-EMTBravo posting policy

Thats a damned shame, since I loved JetBlue out of Stewart, the airport is alot nicer than Westchester.

stewart is alot better, but hopefully after westchester airport finishes all the upgrades, westchester wont be as bad.

I was also affected by this change; however I got the email that my morning flight going to Orlando was changed to later in th morning and then they changed my return to earlier in the afternoon. I'm not happy that they just did this out of the whim and I had no idea until now that they are downsizing their fleet.. it's an inconveniance that they have done this because my vacation time is shortened by a day and my return flight is not at Stewart, but in Westchester.. Stewart is way closer then White Plains to me. Grrrr I really hate the economy right now.

i switched all my flight to westchester. i was not happy about it but to enjoy it, im back to leaving early, about an hr later and coming back only about an hr earlier from orlando

On a positive note, less planes flying means less oil being used. Once the jerks (sorry if your offended) on Wall St realize this maybe the world can turn around a little.....and change the president!

stewart is alot better, but hopefully after westchester airport finishes all the upgrades, westchester wont be as bad.

I work at the Westchesrter, as far as i know there are no major upgrades planned if you have any info please do share it.

Last week, the Journal News ran an article about some money being pumped into Westchester Airport. Check lohud.com

Last week, the Journal News ran an article about some money being pumped into Westchester Airport. Check lohud.com

Thanks

I have a wedding to go to in Florida in October. As was usually the case, I booked a flight well ahead of time. I booked with Skybus - they had incredibly cheap tickets and the flights were direct to Tampa. The key word is HAD.

Yeah, they went out of business.

Then I booked with AirTran. I still managed to get a direct flight to a close airport - I'd rent a car and have a drive ahead of me to get into Punta Gorda. Of course, they stopped flying to Florida from SWF. Oh well.

So last week I booked a flight with JetBlue. Yep. That flight's gone. The only flight left has TWO stop-overs for a total travel time of SEVEN and a HALF hours... to florida for $400.00 each and there are six of us going. Not any more.

RIGHT.

I could drive - EXCEPT that the price of gas is absurd.

Now put THIS in the equation...

America's Airline System at Risk of Collapse

So, it looks like my wedding gift will be making the trip via Fed Ex and I'll await the wedding pictures when they get posted on Flickr...

All further vacations will be in the back yard - check that - the mosquito's are a bumper crop... in the airconditioned house... with electric bills rising... er, um... in the basement next to the freezer chest full of beer... uh.. BEER PRICES RISING ... er... cold water. Ah screw it. I'll just take all the O.T. I can get and hope my "go git-em attitude" doesn't make them promote me to manager... oh... Then I'd be salaried... no longer eligible for paid O.T. for a lousy 5% pay raise. Screw it.

Edited by Doc

Amtrak wouldn't do ya any good either? Just a thought.

Amtrak wouldn't do ya any good either? Just a thought.

The 1.5 hour ride to Troy, 22 hours in train rides followed by 2 hours on a bus would probably be fine if there weren't any babies involved. My brother's got a 1-year-old and a 4-year-old. The 4-year-old would LOVE it. However, I think we'll just find a flight departing from Albany. It would STILL be cheaper and still much less of a hassle than flying out of JFK.

I guess this is going to put a huge dent in the Port Authority's plan to make Stewart the "4th Major Airport".

Upgrades? What upgrades?

They've jammed just about all that will fit into the existing space and thanks to the NIMBY's that have been building McMansions (and real mansions) all around the airport, you can't put up a DOGHOUSE at the airport!

If you've got more info, please share it!

Doc, would westchester not work for you, they are still as of now running two flights aday to florida. If you dont mind traveling to westchester, check out jet blue out of westchester

These are not major upgrades; they are convenience upgrades and nothing more. Here is the article http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008806290366 The airport as Chris192 mentioned has no more room really to build with the NIMBY mentality from the Mansion people.