Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Garrison FD Selling Fireboat?

19 posts in this topic

I noticed in the classifieds that Garrison FD is selling their very unique Jet-Ski Fireboat.

I wish I had the money for this, it would be an awesome toy!

Is Garrison getting a new fireboat to replace this one, something more "Hudson River friendly"?

Seth,

Any pic's or spec's on it?

Garrison is selling the boat because they will no longer be doing "river rescue's"

How much is the boat going for? you have the link to the add you saw?

The boat has been in the "Used Apparatus" classified ads in the back of 1st Responder newspapers for several months now. I can't find anything online, so here's a photo of the ad.

On another note, I think I saw this unit at the Firehouse Expo in 1999. It was heavily marketed, but I think Garrison's was the demo and the only one sold. I could be wrong on that though.

post-11-1218065853.jpg

(Ad from 1st Responder Newspaper)

Didn't know they were trying to sell it. When I was a federal firefighter we were trying to look at options of getting a new boat and this is one of the types we demo'd and looked into. That thing can fly, turn on a dime and work if I remember right in like 4" of water. Sorry it didn't work out for Garrison if that's the case or if its just not maintaining. Maybe a local department looking to get a boat or replace one can work out a good deal with them.

Squantz fire company in New Fairfield has same boat. I love it, Set up very well. almost water level in back makes it easy to pull on backboards and it has a quick response time. Not to mention it sounds like a dragster being it has a small block chevy in it. Great pickup for whoever buys it

Visit My Website

Go to the bottom of that link and you can see the building process and finsihed product of the sister boat to garison

so they are not replacing it then?

I would hope they would, after proving the dept's along the Hudson should have a boat after the accident a couple weeks ago

Maybe Ossining could look at buying it, to replace their boat.

I would hope they would, after proving the dept's along the Hudson should have a boat after the accident a couple weeks ago

Proving they all need boats....or all need solid knowledge in ICS? Also one accident doesn't really prove anything, having even more boats in the water wouldn't have been the answer. Perhaps interagency and inter-municipal agreements might have.

I agree with you ALS on that recent boat accident, more boats were not the answer, better communications from the east & west sides of the river would have helped. In the end it all worked out as it usually does and I don't think it would have changed the outcome for the fatal victim, but communications should would have helped with tracking the other 4 victims. Possibly if the exact location was known earlier things may have turned out differently for the deceased, but we will never know. But of course my ramblings here are of the topic of this forum.

12' boat on the Hudson,nah-not a good idea. At times there are 5' waves out there and thats when boaters might need help.It does look like a fun boat but safety wise IMO it would be a pick and choose day to put it in the water. Coverage is widely needed out there. As posted before the Coast Guard is limited in our area. The need for a larger response on the river is needed along with strong working inter county coordination. The recent tragic loss at Con Hook island is a great example on how many resources are available to assist each other in a mishap. This situation was a single vessel with 5 PIW. (people in water). In the event of a commutor vessel,large frame aircraft etc. mishap out there we will be taxed to the limit. Over the years river towns have been getting more involved and its certainly in the right direction. b safe.

Does anybody know how much they're looking to get for it?

Maybe Ossining could look at buying it, to replace their boat.

if i remember correctly, i think ossining is looking for a boat 10 times the size of this one with a price tag of $450K.

That's really cool I wish I had the money I would buy this and put it in lake mahopac.

What is the year and who builds these unique fireboats?

x635 said he thinks it's a 99 if you read where he posted the pic and if you go to this site you'll see that this is where New Fairfield go their boat http://www.medinamarine.com./product.php

Maybe they should get something like this if they look into getting a new one it looks a little bit more "hudson river friendly" http://www.americanlafrance.com/interior.a...p=31%20&s=0

Edited by texastom791

So then is it slated to be replaced or just wiped of the roster all together after it is sold, because as a couple previous statements said how are you going to be a fire department on a major river and not have a boat. Or maybe what they could do is sell this one for a nice profit and buy a smaller less complex boat without pumps and less firefighting equipment. Eaiser to maintain and you still have everything you need nothing you dont. Just my opinion though, what do I know. steve.