Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RocklandFires

Suffern, NY (Rockland) Working Basement Fire 7/13/08

9 posts in this topic

1330 hrs: Suffern FD & Tallman FD with an automatic F.A.S.T. Team requested for a reported basement fire at 70 East Maltbie Ave. Not a whole heck of a lot to see when I got there, but some nice close up shots & overhaul photos. Great stop by Suffern FD !

Additional photos can be viewed on my website as usual:

http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/s071308

DSC_7641.jpg

DSC_7643.jpg

Tallman's F.A.S.T. Team

DSC_7647.jpg

Opening Up The Walls To Check For Extension

DSC_7690.jpg

19-3 [suffern Asst. Chief], 20-2 [Tallman Asst. Chief] & 44-1 [County Coordinator] At The Command Post

DSC_7715.jpg

Detective Lerner For The Sheriff's Department B.C.I. Investigating The Scene With 44-1 [County Coordinator]

http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/s071308

nice pics!!

now, silly question

what exactly is a F.A.S.T team?

up here in Western MA i have NEVER heard that term, except on this site

F.A.S.T. stands for Firefighter Assist and Search Team. They're a team set up with various equipment which hopefully somebody from a F.A.S.T. team can shed some light on what specific equipment...typically a stokes basket, spare SCBA pack and or just a bottle, axe, halligen, rope. What they do is they're posted in a designated area on the fire ground where they have quick access to one or more entrances to the fire building while interior operations are underway. Should a firefighter become lost or trapped, and that downed firefighter transmits a mayday, the F.A.S.T. team goes in to search for and extract that firefighter who transmitted the mayday. A very important and vital team on any fireground if I may say so myself. If I missed anything or someone wants to illiterate/correct me on any thing, feel free to.

Some places in the country call it a RIT Team also. (Rapid Intervention Team) I am sure if you ask around in your department, you will find that they use this as well.

Nice shots.... Gotta Love the safety officer one though....

oh.. ok.. thanks

i have heard of a RIT team.. didnt know they were related

oh.. ok.. thanks

i have heard of a RIT team.. didnt know they were related

not to be vulgar, but you ever hear of the F.A.R.T team - Firefighter Assist and Rescue Team? lol

Nice shots.... Gotta Love the safety officer one though....

What's the matter with the safety officer shot? He's the officer at the safety of the rigs. Just because those aren't NFPA or OSHA compliant shorts or sneakers, what's the problem???? :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh that's what it was ;)