Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

Who's gonna win the All Star Game?

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win the All Star Game?

• American League
    • National League

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Honest question, who's gonna win? My money's on the AL. Although, you Yankee fans seemed to hate Papelbon. :angry:

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

AL all the way!!!!!!!!!!

National League......they have won the past two out of three times when the All-Star game his been played at Yankee Stadium.

American League Is Gonna Win AGAIN!

That was an amazing game, we were talking about the game during the Live chat yesterday.

The winning run was a close play, if the runner was a little slower, the ball hit a few feet closer in or the catcher a few inches to the left and the game would have gone on even longer.

The game should have been over in the bottom of the 11th when Young hit that ball up the middle into center field and Navarro was thrown out at the plate. If you watched the replay he was safe at home. The Throw was there in time but the tag was late. But in any event it was a very good game.

The game should have been over in the bottom of the 11th when Young hit that ball up the middle into center field and Navarro was thrown out at the plate. If you watched the replay he was safe at home. The Throw was there in time but the tag was late. But in any event it was a very good game.

Rock, you are absolutely dead on. The umpiring in the game is currently pathetic. It seems they won't take the time to get the call right. It's like they determine if the ball is there in time, then the runner's out. They're too concentrated on their wildly exaggerated gestures in calling the runner/batter out or safe....

It was too close to tell, on the replay it looked like he was safe but the umpires do not have the luxury of using instant replay, they must use their best judgement and the judgement of their fellow umpires when making a call like that. In the heat of the moment we miss somethings and so do they. I do not think it has anything to do with their "wild gestures" and more to do with the fact that they are human and can make mistakes.

Honest question, who's gonna win? My money's on the AL. Although, you Yankee fans seemed to hate Papelbon. :angry:

Mike

hey, i think you'd be proud of your yankee rivals. i was in a bar last night and the game was on, some red socks player scored or hit a rbi...something to that effect, i wasn't really paying attention...but the point is that yankee and mets fans were cheering on you red socks guy and hollering like he was one of their own! it was really a nice sight: mano y mano!

by the way, the information i'm sending you is top secret and cannot leak out to the general public. i may be breaking some silent code of honor for fans of the metro teams, this is why i am sending it to you via PM!!