Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Yonkers And The Journal News-What Gives?

4 posts in this topic

It seems every time I open a Journal News article lately, it's something negative about Yonkers PD. Like the overtime BS a few weeks back, And it's most often something that the Journal News had to dig at to even come up with a story.

So I bring up this story this week, and this it what I find:

It doesn't even mention WHY the officers had to put down the animals (struck by cars, rabid, etc)!

(BTW, that's why I could never become a cop- I wouldn't be able to take an animals life)

Here's the link for the latest.. ummm...journalism:

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008807200373

In my opinion it's a poorly written article (surprised?) plus there is a bunch of other unsubstantiated hearsay stuff in there.

I agree, I wouldn't want to have to "dispatch" an animal either, but if it was attacking, sick, or seriously injured, I would have no problem doing so.

Do you read the part about nearly every one of those animals shot were injured, rabid or vicious and it was done by a trained ESU officer with permission of a supervisor? Or the part about the animals being wildlife such as skunks, raccoons, deer or vicious dogs attcking or that had attacked a person?

Yeah, I must have missed that part too.

I don't know about the animal related artice written by the Journal News, but press oversight of budgets, including police departments, as critical as they may be, can only be good thing in the long run. It's truly the only way the people can freely be able to know where their money is going. You lock out the press and you have a world of Mao.

Edited by DOC22