Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ab2se

Union Vale 67-8 Chevy Trailblazer

16 posts in this topic

Here are some photos of the new Chevy Trailblazer assigned to 67-8.

DSCN0960Small-1.jpg

DSCN0964Small.jpg

DSCN0967Small.jpg

DSCN0968Small.jpg

DSCN0969Small.jpg

Edited by ab2se

It looks good. What exactly is 67-8? That's not a chief, so it's gotta be a captain or something, right?

maybe a fly car? afterall they do run ambulances or maybe just a utility? it has to be one of those.

Actually, 67-8 is a Chief. It's the Rescue Chief for Unionvale. Dutchess has a different numbering system than other counties. Example, Any XX-Y 1-8 is a chief in some form or another. For instance, in East Fishkill, 39-1, 39-2 are District Chief, and 1st Assistant District Chief. Each company also has its own chief, 39-3, 39-4, 39-5, 39-6, etc. In most towns in Dutchess, XX-8 is Rescue Chief. I believe XX-9 is a career officer's number? correct me if i'm wrong on that one, since we don't have any in my town. Captains are usualy XXC-y, Ex; 39-C2. Hope the bit of insight helped! And don't ask me to get into Liutenants, because there are way too many variances, and way too many NUMBERS!!!

Edited by EFFP411

Actually, 67-8 is a Chief. It's the Rescue Chief for Unionvale. Dutchess has a different numbering system than other counties. Example, Any XX-Y 1-8 is a chief in some form or another. For instance, in East Fishkill, 39-1, 39-2 and district chief, and 1st assistant. Each company also has its own chief, 39-3, 39-4, 39-5, 39-6, etc. In most town in Dutchess, XX-8 is Rescue Chief, or Captain if they didnt get that far yet. I believe XX-9 is a career officer's number? correct me if i'm wron gon that one, since we don't have any in my town. Captains are usualy XXC-y, Ex; 39-C2. Hope the bit of insight helped! And don't ask me to get into Liutenants, because there are way too many variances, and way too many NUMBERS!!!

Right.

XX-1 through 6 are chief officers.

XX-7 and 8 are EMS Capt/Chiefs

XX-9 and 10 are career duty officers.

XX-91, 93, 95 and 96 are also officer positions i.e. fire inspector, training officer, safety officer.

As I've said for other new deliveries, you can keep your Trailblazers. Absolute junk, especially as a duty vehicle.

nice looking car guys why is it not yellow? just kidding

nice looking car guys why is it not yellow? just kidding

very nice looking trailblazer good luck with it

Right.

XX-1 through 6 are chief officers.

XX-7 and 8 are EMS Capt/Chiefs

XX-9 and 10 are career duty officers.

XX-91, 93, 95 and 96 are also officer positions i.e. fire inspector, training officer, safety officer.

As I've said for other new deliveries, you can keep your Trailblazers. Absolute junk, especially as a duty vehicle.

Hey thanks John, there were a couple of spots i was fuzzy with. I can't believe i forgot the 91, 93, and 95, seeing as EF has all 3!!

Actually, 67-8 is a Chief. It's the Rescue Chief for Unionvale. Dutchess has a different numbering system than other counties. Example, Any XX-Y 1-8 is a chief in some form or another. For instance, in East Fishkill, 39-1, 39-2 are District Chief, and 1st Assistant District Chief. Each company also has its own chief, 39-3, 39-4, 39-5, 39-6, etc. In most towns in Dutchess, XX-8 is Rescue Chief. I believe XX-9 is a career officer's number? correct me if i'm wrong on that one, since we don't have any in my town. Captains are usualy XXC-y, Ex; 39-C2. Hope the bit of insight helped! And don't ask me to get into Liutenants, because there are way too many variances, and way too many NUMBERS!!!

Wow I didn't know there was that many numbers I knew like 39-1 39-2 and 39-3 were chiefs but wow you guys in dutchess have alot of officers. Thanks though you answered my question.

Wow I didn't know there was that many numbers I knew like 39-1 39-2 and 39-3 were chiefs but wow you guys in dutchess have alot of officers. Thanks though you answered my question.

Don't most departments assign radio/identifier numbers to their Captains, Lieutenants, Saftey Officers, etc?

Don't most departments assign radio/identifier numbers to their Captains, Lieutenants, Saftey Officers, etc?

Well in Arlington, for example the Capt of St. 3 would be 32-C3. 1st Lt. of St. 4 would be 32-L41, 4 as the station, 1 as the Lt. rank.

While we're going overboard at radio buffness, let's go complete!

32-91 is fire inspector (Capt.)

32-96 is MTO (Training Capt.)

32-94 is MFI (Asst. Training Lt.)

32-9 is shift command career Capt.

32-93 is career Lt. riding Engine 1.

32-10 is career Lt. riding Engine 3.

Ok, I'm feeling like being in a way too much information mood here. So here's the COMPLETE LIST of officers and radio identifiers in East Fishkill.

Chiefs

39-1= District Chief

39-2= 1st Assistant District Chief

39-3= Station 1 Company Chief

39-4= Station 2 Company Chief

39-5= Station 3 Company Chief

39-6= Station 4 Company Chief

39-8= District Rescue Chief

39-93= Chief Fire Investigator

Captains

39-C1= Station 1 Capt.

39-C2= Station 2 Capt.

39-C3= Station 3 Capt.

39-C4= Station 4 Capt.

39-C5= Fire Police Capt.

39-C6= Special Ops Capt.

Liutenants

Station 1

39-L1-1= 1st Lt.

39-L1-2= 2nd Lt.

39-L1-3= "2nd" 2nd Lt.

39-RL-1= Rescue Lt.

39-FP-1= Fire Police Lt.

Station 2

39-L2-1= 1st Lt.

39-L2-2= 2nd Lt.

39-L2-3= "2nd" 2nd Lt.

39-RL-2= Rescue Lt.

39-FP-2= Fire Police Lt.

Station 3

39-L3-1= 1st Lt.

39-L3-2= 2nd Lt.

39-L3-3= "2nd" 2nd Lt.

39-RL-3= Rescue Lt.

39-FP-3= Fire Police Lt.

Station 4

39-L4-1= 1st Lt.

39-L4-2= 2nd Lt.

39-L4-3= "2nd" 2nd Lt.

39-RL-4= Rescue Lt.

39-FP-4= Fire Police Lt.

Special Operations Liutenants

39-L6-1

39-L6-2

39-L6-3

Other:

39-91= Building Inspector

39-95- Fire Inspector

They are also contemplating adding second rescue liutenant to each station to assist with managing the ambulance roster, but not yet. I hope i didn't leave anyone out! I do believe the commisioners have assigned numbers as well, 39-10, 20, 30, 40, and 50, but they never used, so didn't feel the need to post them. That should be enough boring information to put you all to sleep tonight..... :P

And, just a quick note, before anyone decides to say we have too many officers, and start monday night quarterbacking, keep in mind that there are close to 500 members to manage......

Edited by EFFP411

And, just a quick note, before anyone decides to say we have too many officers, and start monday night quarterbacking, keep in mind that there are close to 500 members to manage......

As the commercial goes...WOW!

Nice looking vehicle although I've also heard a lot of negative feedback about the Trailblazer as a service vehicle. I'm pretty annoyed that it's not school bus yellow though. :lol:

What kind of EMS call volume does Union Vale do? I know they have a paid crew during the day; it just seems like quite the expenditure for a department that I don't hear doing a ton of EMS calls.

Nice looking vehicle although I've also heard a lot of negative feedback about the Trailblazer as a service vehicle. I'm pretty annoyed that it's not school bus yellow though. :lol:

What kind of EMS call volume does Union Vale do? I know they have a paid crew during the day; it just seems like quite the expenditure for a department that I don't hear doing a ton of EMS calls.

Union Vale if lucky gets one a day, they have their busy days like all departments do, but sometimes i won't hear a call for 2-3 days.

Yeah in my department we do but we don't have 8 chiefs we have three chiefs and a Lt for each truck (they don't get radios) and three captains(they get radios and go to the scene) but that's it.That's why i'm saying that you guys have a lot of officers but I do realize your a big department you have like 4 departments.