Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hartsdale FD's "Wishlist"

14 posts in this topic

Just found this on Craigslist.....

hartsdale fire dept wish list - $1 (westchester)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-769255097@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-07-25, 9:49AM EDT

looking for some things for our firehouse if you can help it would be great, also tax excempt letter available.

A dinning table and 6 chairs

At least 4 recliners or simular type of chair for watching TV, etc.

Desk and 2 chairs for the captain's office.

Night stands or other small chairs for the bedrooms.

10 lockers for temporary use (until next budget year).

Downstairs:

A table and chairs for deskwatch area.

Maybe a recliner or simular type of chair for watching TV, etc.

thanks pete you can contact me by cell phone 914-403-7428 or email at gags196@aol.com

PostingID: 769255097

Here's the link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/wan/769255097.html

That's new....

Is this even legit? I mean, if a department was really requesting furniture, wouldn't they do it more professionally? I mean, there is a ton of spelling errors, and the phone number and email don't seem to be official.

Hartsdale FD just renovated both their firehouses, just bought a new engine, and now they need donated furniture?

Just my opinion, but I don't think advertising that you need "recliners for watching tv" for firefighters is the smartest idea.

Couldn't agree more...but didn't the town supervisor put some moratorium in place...was that last year or this year? Maybe they can't spend any money? I just can't believe they put an add on craig's list... I mean I know the county sells surplus and old equipment on ebay...but that is selling, not buying or looking for donations.

Couldn't agree more...but didn't the town supervisor put some moratorium in place...was that last year or this year?

Isn't Hartsdale it's own self-governed fire district???

I was told by a friend that the Fire Commisioners ran out of money for the firehouse renovation projects and can't afford to buy furniture until next year at the earliest, so the Craiglist ad makes some sense. It must suck for the guys to have to beg for stuff on Craigslist.

If there's any surplus, send it to MV.

If there's any surplus, send it to MV.

They should, after all the firefighters Mount Vernon has donated to Hartsdale! Maybe Hartsdale is the new Mount Vernon?

They should, after all the firefighters Mount Vernon has donated to Hartsdale! Maybe Hartsdale is the new Mount Vernon?

Except, Hartsdale obviously spends more time watching TV then fighting fires and rats. I NEVER thought I would ever, ever see a FD soliciting explicitly for recliners to watch TV!!! I hope none of the taxpayers see this, I know I would be curious if I wasn't already a FF!

Edited by LineCapt

Hartsdale has a huge dining room table at the firehouse on Hartsdale rd. plus plenty of chairs... must be for the other house

How about the guys that work their get it themselves! No one is giving us any handouts that we would be willing to put bare skin on!

Hartsdale FD just renovated both their firehouses, just bought a new engine, and now they need donated furniture?

Just my opinion, but I don't think advertising that you need "recliners for watching tv" for firefighters is the smartest idea.

Sure isn't good for their public image.

I hope the poison fom the VERN hasn't spilled over to Hartsdale! Please tell me your kidding me with this B/S! Those boyz need to get a life!