Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bush Grants Execution

26 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON - President Bush could have commuted the death sentence of Ronald A. Gray, a former Army cook convicted of multiple rapes and murders.

Article

"could have"....

Come on...can you tell the slant on that article with that above quip. Get real the dude was governor of Texas...don't they have an express lane drive through for executions. Bye bye dude...no more on my tax bill and no more hurt people and ruining of lives. Enjoy the cocktail...its on me.

I daresay he could. Can anyone think of the slightest reason why he SHOULD?!

I've read about this case. I hope, when they do it, they mess it up and it's slow...

Mike

As Governor of the State of Texas, Bush athorized the execution of 153 men, more than any other Governor of Texas in history.

As Governor of the State of Texas, Bush athorized the execution of 153 men, more than any other Governor of Texas in history.

As of late I have had a hard time remembering why I voted for him. This at least helps rationalize my decisions a few years back!

i didn't vote for his dumbass, i just wonder why you others did....TWICE!

Don't look at me...I was not old enough to vote in either of those elections.

consider yourself lucky enough to not be blamed and in the future learn from our (as a majority) mistakes. and never vote based on a party, vote based on an individuals approach to the issues and lastly know that they're all full of sh*t, if you didn't know by now! lol

Me either! :lol:

Mike

consider yourself lucky enough to not be blamed and in the future learn from our (as a majority) mistakes. and never vote based on a party, vote based on an individuals approach to the issues and lastly know that they're all full of sh*t, if you didn't know by now! lol

exactly why I didn't vote for the other guy

exactly why I didn't vote for the other guy

i agree he wasn't the man for the job either, but neither was/is bush. it's a lose-lose situation, i would have never figured the president to be such a dipsh*t.

but once i found out the pres and vice pres are personally profiting from this very looooong battle - bc it's quite obviously not a war, and his family's oil business works VERY closely with the BinLaden family...i hated his dumbass even more. kerry has/had no personal ties to gain from going into battle, thats why i voted for him, but he is still a loser as well.

but at least you voted for the issues presented to you and not the party. kudos

Edited by vacguy

Well look who he was against.. Gore and Kerry. Hillary Clinton has more balls then those two.

Well look who he was against.. Gore and Kerry. Hillary Clinton has more balls then those two.

if i had to choose - clinton. not bc i like her, but bc we'd be living a historic moment in american history

Then it would be Gore - i'd like to see an intelect as president for at least one term in my life, that would be nice...

Edited by vacguy

Put politics aside. Why did it take twenty years to kill this guy. His crimes were heinous, that is proven. kill the scumbag. And if you dont agree with the death penalty...go hug a tree

Gore does not want any part of the shambles that this country has come to under Bush. We went from a $236 Billion surplus to a $4 TRILLION national debt. I do not blame him either.

Put politics aside. Why did it take twenty years to kill this guy. His crimes were heinous, that is proven. kill the scumbag. And if you dont agree with the death penalty...go hug a tree

as per your request, i'm hugging a tree as i type this...and the constent litigation and appeals have kept this guy alive.

just let the guy stay in prision as a normal prisioner until death - it's cheaper than all of the litigation although more expensive than a firing squad. lol

Maybe he'll run for NY Gov when he's done being President. He can clean up some of the trash feeding off our economy and continuosly commiting crimes against innocent people.

Gore is too busy making money off his "current" channel he is co owner of...books and documentaries on global warming, all while living in a house that uses 2 or 3 times the amount of energy that ours does. Please. But then again who would have guessed he actually had a personality.

While my opinion of our current President has changed I still have to say that god only knows what else would be going on or be going through if the other 2 got in.

Not for nothing but how long has PRESIDENT Bush been in office with a democratically control congress? President request s***...congress gets it done. We all know this. Its easy to blame the man....but lets look at the majority up on "the hill."

Also I wouldn't vote for anyone named Clinton in any election at any level because of the name itself. He was a disgrace to the office and most of your intellect. Nothing is shorter then a democrats memory. He f***** the military...costing the lives of servicemen in Somolia....hindered the CIA to bring it to its knees leading up to 9/11...even after the 93 bombing on our soil. Hilary doesn't give 2 shits about this country...all she cares about is the power...she hated the military..particularly the Marines. Democrats will stop at nothing to get into the white house..and the clintons will go above that.

I'm ashamed of what has happened to this country politically overall. People can cry about the cost of the war and where that money could have helped at home. Hell I even have my own ideas...but look at how much money is spent just to get into the white house...add up all of the campaign costs of everyone but Obama and McCain...and see how much was spent on useless bullshit that I didn't want to hear or didn't agree with. And Hilary is still trying to get support funds to pay off debt from her campaign.

ALS: Well said!! You've summed up my sentiment perfectly. I'm not happy about our political climate today, but I sure as hell am glad we didn't elect Kerry or Gore and won't have to worry about the Clinton's for a while.

I say Bravo to Als for his post as for this on death row I say put him in General population and have a guard tip off some in mates and see what happens to him. I'm sure it will save the taxpayers a few bucks :)

I voted for Bush. And I still stand by my decision. Albeit fueled by the lesser of two evils theory. I just rec'vd a few DVD's from FSP I ordered. The MAN whom would get my vote is Sheriff Joe Arpiro. I have read allot about him in the past several years, but, watching the video was pretty damn refreeshing. I have to say this guy would be perfect for our 'criminal justice' (read:oxy-moron) ..system. Maybe its his being born on the tailend of the "Greatest Generation" or his moral approach to society. Whatever the reason the guy pulls no puches thats for sure and he is certainly no liberal. At the pace our society is moving at we are destined for a civil war-no doubt about it.

BTW-how do you suppose our legal scholars and closet Jane Fonda lover's arrive at the $12 million dollar price tag for someone that is sentenced to death?

as per your request, i'm hugging a tree as i type this...and the constent litigation and appeals have kept this guy alive.

just let the guy stay in prision as a normal prisioner until death - it's cheaper than all of the litigation although more expensive than a firing squad. lol

A prisoner for the rest of his life on my dime...I DON'T THINK SO. I have a lethal injection that will cost less than a dollar, and I guarantee its results in less than five minutes. Cruel and unusual... Not compared to the pain he has already caused.

A prisoner for the rest of his life on my dime...I DON'T THINK SO. I have a lethal injection that will cost less than a dollar, and I guarantee its results in less than five minutes. Cruel and unusual... Not compared to the pain he has already caused.

and who are you do inflict pain and death...

whether or not he lives in prison on your dime is not a choice you have. and even if the president does murder him - where are still more who are on death row. and SOME of those men and i guess women end up being cleared via DNA. now what they hell would you say if you were the executor of an man found innocent after death...should the president have you killed as well...

i'm not trying to be a dick, it's an honest question and very honest statement.

and who are you do inflict pain and death...

whether or not he lives in prison on your dime is not a choice you have. and even if the president does murder him - where are still more who are on death row. and SOME of those men and i guess women end up being cleared via DNA. now what they hell would you say if you were the executor of an man found innocent after death...should the president have you killed as well...

i'm not trying to be a dick, it's an honest question and very honest statement.

As a taxpayer I do have a right to question where my money goes. If you say an executive order is murder, there are deeper issues here. He has been locked up for twenty years on "death row". All the appeals are over and done with. How many should a criminal have? And hence the name DEATH ROW not appeal the heck out of it row. Its time a stance was taken against these heinous criminals. I am not saying kill every criminal, the worst of the worst. Send a message to the people who have no value of a human life. This scumbag confessed to raping 5 women and killing two. If one of those was my sister or mother, this guy would have met his maker by now. And that is only what he CONFESSED to, who knows what he got away with. :angry:

Ok when did this become about who running for office and who not. Also who did what in office. I think it was about President Bush could have commuted the death sentence of Ronald A. Gray, a former Army cook convicted of multiple rapes and murders. Good one more that will not do this again.