Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hawthorne MVA 7/30/08

25 posts in this topic

anybody have any info on what happened on the saw mill today

Rollover IFO County PD with a total of 4 Pt's. 1 child in critical condition. All Pt's transported to WMC.

Last I heard(overhearing County PD while the were conducting their investigation) 1 car traveling southbound tried to make the illegal "U" turn IFO County PD and was clipped from behind into oncoming traffic causing it to roll over while striking another car with the child in it. Parkway was shut down completely in the northbound lanes and 1 lane in the southbound lanes.

Run down of units:

2191,2192,2193, 2473 (passing by came up on the accident and stopped) 63-B1, 63-B2, 87-B1 (Grasslands), 37-M1, 37-M2, E155, U41, U15 and multiple County PD units.

i heard the tones go out and drove by later ngiht after the road was closed, 1 car was on its side and another mangled 1 was in the guardrail

Charge the driver making the illegal U-turn criminally for the injuries to the innocent!

We have laws for a reason!

Charge the driver making the illegal U-turn criminally for the injuries to the innocent!

We have laws for a reason!

Agreed!

I'm sad to hear this morning that the child did not make it. May he rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

very sad news. too many tragic deaths in our area this week. the 25 y/o boat victim, the 5 y/o fatal in cortlandt and now this. was it the 11 y/o that passed?

my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family, rest in peace

Agreed!

I'm sad to hear this morning that the child did not make it. May he rest in peace and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

journal news reports the kid is still alive, although still unconscious and unstable.

Article

VALHALLA - Relatives gathered around the hospital bedside of 11-year-old Michael Cody yesterday, urging people to pray for the Dutchess County boy who suffered a severe head injury in a crash that occurred on his way home from a Yankees game.
Edited by vacguy

Not the first time and not the last time someone uses that turn that really shouldn't. I worked at the County for a year and used it a few times when traveling to work if I was coming from the south end. The visibility isn't the greatest and if you are inexperienced you just shouldn't attempt it!

journal news reports the kid is still alive, although still unconscious and unstable.

Article

Yea I heard that as well. I am hearing both that he is still alive and then he has passed away. Sorry for the confusion I am not really sure what happened.

I don't think that has much to do with experience if ur getting rear ended and pushed into oncoming traffic

Probably shouldn't have been in the U-turn to begin with...wouldn't have been pushed into oncoming traffic, NO?

Probably shouldn't have been in the U-turn to begin with...wouldn't have been pushed into oncoming traffic, NO?

Absolutely right.

YoU just said yourself you used to bang u turns there. What makes it any different.

YoU just said yourself you used to bang u turns there. What makes it any different.

I never banged a u-turn. I used to turn into the work parking lot while I was employed there. That is what it is for, not for the everyday driver to turn around and head in the other direction. During rush hours I would go onto the TSP and get off on 117 and then come down 9A so that I could survive to post this rebuttal! Read carefully!

Ok then I apoligize for reading it wrong

Hey Everyone,

I am on my boyfriends account b/c I am not a verified member but i just wanted to thank everyone who was on this scene and took such good care of a good friend of mine's brother and family.

MIKE (the 11y/o) IS ALIVE he is a strong boy who is not ready to give up yet and I ask that you please keep him in your prayers. he has a long road ahead of him to say the least hopefully god doesnt need him yet bc his friends Big Brother and family are not ready to let him go.

Both me and the family are asking for your prayers that he pulls though.

I am going to see him tomorrow so I can give everyone an update then.

PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS HE NEEDS THEM NOW.

Hey Everyone,

I am on my boyfriends account b/c I am not a verified member but i just wanted to thank everyone who was on this scene and took such good care of a good friend of mine's brother and family.

MIKE (the 11y/o) IS ALIVE he is a strong boy who is not ready to give up yet and I ask that you please keep him in your prayers. he has a long road ahead of him to say the least hopefully god doesnt need him yet bc his friends Big Brother and family are not ready to let him go.

Both me and the family are asking for your prayers that he pulls though.

I am going to see him tomorrow so I can give everyone an update then.

PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS HE NEEDS THEM NOW.

That is great news to hear! I wish him a speedy recovery and yes please update us as soon as you hear anything.

Sadly, God needs another Angel in Heaven... sometime today God will give some wings to his new little Angel.

Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue to pray for Mike, his family and friends.

I thank everyone who was there at the scene and helped out its never easy. There was nothing that you could have done to change this outcome you did the best you could.

Melissa EFFD ff/emt.

PS. The saddest thing about this all ... IS IT WAS TOTALLY PREVENTABLE!!! and a amazing child with his entire life ahead of him had to pay because someone decided that the "rules" didnt apply to him.

Edited by pnsh3r87

very sad news, i'm sorry for your loss. michael and his family were in my thoughts and prayers and they will continue to be.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family left behind, and to those emergency responders who tended those injured.

Tragic scenes such as these become indelible memories.